air not connecting ...

Notifications
Clear all

air not connecting getting error

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

whilst installing the drivers for my new aircontroller that i got without cd everything goes okay. i got the driver online and it recognises my device nicely. but than when checking updating and installing the audio driver it starts to crash. i get a big red x with the code 0x00400021 going through this forum and google in general hasnt given me anything... yes iam in administrator yes i am the only account off the computer ive tried it all..

you guys are probably my best shot as of getting this thing to work.
its the air street edition, not that that matters as the sliders and knobs are simply yellow.

i have a windows 10 machine with usb 2 and 3 ports which i have tried both. did multiple uninstalls and reboots of my pc. nothing really seemed to help. is there a way to get this software on my pc?

sincerely luuk 

Hello,

You probably met a bug during the firmware update of your DJControl Air, so we should run the firmware update manually.

Please
- connect your PC to its power supply,
- unconnect the PC from the network (ethernet and/or Wifi),
- switch off the antivirus if you have one,
- disconnect any USB device from your computer except the keyboard an mouse if it is a desktop computer,
- disconnect also the USB mouse and keyboard if it is a laptop which has a built-in keyboard and touchpad,

1) Connect your DJControl Air to the PC USB 2 or 3 port.
Please confirm if the DJControl Air is properly detected or not.
If it is detected, there is a USB conflict, so one of your USB devices it either defective or consumes too much USB bus power to be used at the same time as your DJControl Air on your current USB port or USB hub.
If DJControl Air is not properly detected, go to 2.

2) Disconnect your DJControl Air.
- Press DJControl Air Folder (folder icon) + Files keys (in the centre of the controller) and keep them pressed down.
- Connect DJControl Air to the USB port of your computer while keeping the Folder key and the Files key pressed down.
- After 30 seconds, release the Folder + Files buttons.
It should call DJHerculesDJMix Series automatic firmware updater

- Click on OK
the Audio Firmware is updated

- At the end of the update, the software test the firmware update was successfull.

Click on Exit
If you have reached this process, the firmware of your DJControl Air is updatd and you should have no problem to use it.

3) If, when you have released the Folder + Files , it did not call HerculesDJMix Series automatic firmware updater, then press on your computer keyboard the Keys Windows + R
- you should get the Run field,

- In the field, type exactly, including the "

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

"C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe"-manual

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

and click on OK.
- you should get Hercules manual firmware updater menu, like this

but in your case, you probably have 0 instead of 23 as current Firmware audio version.
If, in Info area, you see DJControl Air, and if you see 23 as available Firmware audio, then
- click on the Flash box on Firmware Audio line, to activate the flash,
- and click on the Update! button.
It should update the firmware, and at the end of the firmware update, your DJControl Air should be OK again.

Topic starter

I just followed the following steps:
turn off windows defender
turn off window firewall
uninstall all of the installed files of hercules and djuced
unplug anything from the back of the motherboard
there was literally only a video cable connected
set all usb ports to not turn off for power saving
installed the hercules driver
connected the device as the only one on the hub. (keyboard and mouse are connected to the front now)
pressed okay on that screen that pops up. still red x errorcode 0x00400021
tried ur code in window+R same error
tried it on our home laptop same error.

its probably the device and that would suck cuz i dont think i have the box or anything. its going to have to be a fix or a trash. 

Hello,

1) Please complete your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile" http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/ .
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check DJControl Air,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer model (computer brand and model), CPU, quantity of RAM, Windows 10 version (64-bit?), version of DJConsole Series driver package (2016_HDJS_1?).

2) Can you try to update the firmware of this DJControl Air on another computer than this Windows 10 PC?

Topic starter

Like i said i tried it on our home laptop iguess imma call herculus support tomorrow. and il update my stuff. 

Hello,

I had not realized it but I cannot see your profile (which means you are registered as being below 18).
Please write in a message here
- your computer information with Windows 10
- your computer information on the other computer (home laptop).