instinct hiccups wh...

Notifications
Clear all

instinct hiccups when cue-ing track

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys, kangal here, i am hoping somebody can help me with this problem, i use a apple macbook with a hercules dj control instinct, and i have been having a problem lately. when i cue up a song on a deck, the computer will hang for a split second, like whenever a slow computer gets hung up, interrupting the output. its not always in the output but it usually is. there doesnt seem to be a particular type of song file that triggers it (although i only generally use mp3s anyway), and it doesnt seem to be a cpu problem because it only happens when i am cue-ing a song in a deck and maybe sometimes when i use the search bar to find a track. my computer knowledge is limited; ive already stripped down the processes to basically just running djuced 18 and nothing else, and that hasnt helped. can somebody tell me how to fix this or point me in the right direction? i could just replace the macbook (its pretty old) but i like using it and would like to avoid upgrading if i can. any help appreciated; thanks.

Hello Kangal,

1) Solving a technical issue with no technical information is nearly impossible, please complete your technical profile in clicking on "MY SPACE"> "MY PROFILE": you have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE", please check your Dj controller, DJControl Instinct,
- In "SOFTWARE IN USE", check your DJ software, Djuced,
- In "DESCRIBE YOUR EQUIPMENT": describe your computer model (For exemple MacBook 13" year 2011), CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS (for example Mac OS 10.11.4), version of DJConsole Series driver package (as driver package 5.69), version of DJ software (as Djuced 18 1.0.99).

2) Please confirm
a) you use Djuced 18 1.0.99
b) you have alnalyzed all your audio track once in Djuced 18 before starting DJing  (if you have never analyzed tracks, the first time you play them, it is normal your computer lags as the track analyzis is CPU intensive)
c) the tracks are stored on your hard disk (do not play the tracks stored on a USB key, as the access time time of the USB key is slower than a hard disk access time, and the decompression of compressed MP3 tracks on a USB key is slow).

Topic starter

Done, sorry. Confirmed yes on all points: That's the version, the tracks are analyzed and they are stored on the hard drive.

Hello,

I have not duplicated your issue (my MacBook is probably more powerful) but I have seen once someone with the same issue on Mac who solved it with 2 changes (he does not know which one changed his issue):

1) He removed the album artwork from the MP3 files (process described here)
2) He reset the MacBook System Management controller (process described here).

PS: you did not complete, in "Describe your equipment", your MacBook version, year, CPU, and Mac OS version.