Notifications
Clear all

4 mx problem

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

found my 4-mx in the wardrobe and thought that i should install everything once again. but ive some troubles. and its totally random.

windows 10
traktor pro 2.71
hercules 4-mx

downloaded version 6 of drivers:
"2015_hdjs_6"

installed traktor.

when i connect the controller the "mic on/off" lights up. and now lamps for deck a and b is lit up. 

problem:
cant map anything in traktor. the controller shows up under "controller manager" (in-port/out-port) and "audio setup". and the trayagent is working.

downloaded the official mapping from hercules page put nothing happens when i press anything on controller.

what to do? 

edit:
during this time ive seen number 1 and 3 on left side and 4 on the right side of the controller blink. now 3 on the right side is blinking. 

We're seen cases on recent computers with Windows 8/8.1/10 where certain controllers (the 4-Mx among them) many not be enumerated properly, which would prevent it from working properly.

Adding a powered USB hub between the computer and the controller or using a shorter USB cable would solve that problem.

- Can you test the 4-Mx outside of Traktor using an applications like MIDI OX (www.midiox.com)to see if the behavior is consistant or if the problem is only with Traktor ?   

- Can you check the ABOUT tab of the DJ control panel and detail the information that is displayed ?