Notifications
Clear all

virtual dj - rmx 2 black gold stuttering/distortion

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,

i am using virtual dj ver. 8.1, using the rmx 2 black/gold controller, running on a 2015 macbook pro, 2.8ghz intel i7, 16gb ram, 1 tb hard drive. as of lately, while i am djing some events, virtual dj starts stuttering and distorting, and then completely stops the output of sound. i have to close the program down and reboot it again. it plays all the way through the event after, but most times i have to hookup my external mixer and use my older controller. once i hook that up i have no issues! anyone dealt with anything similar??? is it the rmx 2???

When you says "as of lately", do you mean that it was working correctly until recently ?

If so, what changed since then ? Did you apply any updates (OS X , VDJ, drivers, etc) that could have had an influence on how your system behaves ?

Topic starter

Yes it was! I've updated OS X several times, as well as VDJ,  several times before and after...

Topic starter

This video is not mines, but depicts EXACTLY what mines does! 

And as in the video, when the problem occurs, is the CPU indicator really high ?

If this is the case, it would explain the behavior, but you would then need to figure out why this is happenning.

- As suggested before, if the problem happens since you installed a specific update for OS X or VDJ (or others), it could be that this bug was introduced by the update;

- Did you make sure to analyze all your audio files before using them ?

Analyzing files on the fly while playing will certainly load your CPU and create some audio problems.

- What audio settings are your using for the RMX2 audio interface for VDJ ?

If you are running at 96 khz, try using 44 khz insteads, which will reduce a lot of the unnecessary stress on the CPU.

- Are you using specific effects or skins?

- Try optimizing your computer for DJ applications, as shown in the following guide:

Topic starter

Sorry for the delay!!!

CPU indicator is very low, all tracks are at 44 khz, not using any special skins or special effects, only the RMX 2 skin from Virtual DJ.

And how about your connections to the speakers or sound system ?

- Using powered speakers or going through an independant amp ?

- Are you using the XLR or RCA outputs ? 

- Have you tried different cables?