Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj console mk2 is not detected

18 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

i have an hp 15 r119nv laptop with windows 10.

i tried to instal the last driver for dj console mk2 but my computer doesnt detect the mk2. i have noticed that the elements of the dj console mk2 dont appear in windows device manager.

i have tried to connect it to the others usb ports but the problem remains. i have followed the faq : my console keeps disconnecting , but nothing.also , i have done all the updates. i have noticed that all the leds of console is turn on.

thanks,
kostas

Hello,

Microsoft has changed the drivers of Intel USB 3.0 host in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, so that the Mk2 is no longer detected.
The solution consist in the fiollowing process:
1) take a USB hub which has a power adapter
2) Find a PC in Windows 7 or Windows 8.0, and connect the USB hub on this PC, and power the USB hub with the power adapter
3) Install Hercules DJConsole Series drivers 2015_HDJS_6 on the PC with Windows Vista, 7 or 8
4) When asked to connect the hercules DJ Console Mk2, connect it to the USB hub
5) The driver will update the firmware of the DJ Console Mk2
6) Once the firmware of the DJ Console Mk2 has been updated on the PC with Windows Vista 7, 8, you can use this DJ Console Mk2 on your Windows 10 PC.

Topic starter

Hi Maxdjack ,

Thanks for your direct reply.

I have tried this with my desktop which has win 7 , but I had the same problem.

Thanks,
Kostas 

Hello,

If your Mk2 is not even detected in Windows 7, then it is probably faulty.

I suggest you try on another computer and another USB 2.0 cable to make sure you get the same non detection, and if it is the same, I suggest you may try reflashing the eeprom out of the controller (which requires an eeprom burner - if you do not see what I mean, you should look for an electronic repair store): once you have found an eeprom burner, you can contact Hercules technical support team here to get the firmware file.

Topic starter

Hi,

I will re-flash the eeprom ( I know how to do it ) , but where is it , because I haven't the elctrical diagram.
Is it impossible to erase the eeprom and programming on board ?

Thanks,
Kostas 

Topic starter

What shocket is the eeprom ?

Thanks,
Kostas 

Hello,

The eeprom is an 8-pin 24LC64 EEPROM, you will see it easily on the audio printed circuit board (not on the large printed circuit board with the controls, but on the audio printed circuit board with the rear audio connectors), you do not need the electrical diagram to see it, it is very visible.
If the console is no longer detected at all whatever the computer, it means the boot rom area is not fully readable, which requires opening the Mk2 casing, removing the eeprom, and flashing it on an eeprom burner.

I have sent you an invitation here, please accept it.

Topic starter

Thanks a lot Maxdjack.......  Smile

Topic starter

Hello Maxdjack ,

The eeprom was flashing on an eeprom burner but the problem isnt solved. 

Thanks,
Kostas 

Hello Kostas,

It would help if you could check on another computer, not in Windows 10, if your DJ Console Mk2 is detected there.
Also, test with other USB cables, preferably shorter.

Topic starter

Hello Max ,

I check it on another computer ( win 7) with a shorter USB cable but the MK2 isn't detected. I receive the following error :
TUSBAUDIOGetUsbStreaming ModeEX 

Topic starter

I have connected the MK2 with a powered USB Hub.

Topic starter

Hello Max , 

I connected the Console MK2  without the eeprom on pcb and the PC detected it as unknown device. I beleive that the problem is the eeprom. Is it possible the bin file is not correct ? 

Thanks,
Kostas 

Hello,

I doubt the bin fin is not correct as it was compressed in rar format to make sure it is not modified during the transfer.

If the issue is related to the eeprom, what may have occured is an issue the burning of the eeprom:

1) There may have been an issue in the burning process: please confirm you have burnt the .bin file directly as a bin. If you have converted it in hex format, please make sure you have burnt it in little endian format, not in big endian.

2) Please let me know the brand and model of eeprom programmer used.

2) There may have been an issue on the eeprom itself: please precise the full text which is written on the eeprom. Does its name finish in 64?

Topic starter

Hello ,

I have burnt the .bin file directly as a bi..
The model of programmer is : Dataman XP/UXP
I will chech the full text which is written tomorrow mourning.

Thanks,
Kostas 

Topic starter

Hello,

The eeprom is HT 24LC64.

Thanks,
Kostas 

Topic starter

Hello Max ,

I forget to tell you that the Dataman verify the eeprom program.

Thanks,
Kostas 

Topic starter

Hello,

The correct type of programmer is : Dataman 48 XP/UXP.

Topic starter

Hello Max,

I have flashed new eeprom but the problem is still remain. I thought maybe the eeprom must be flashed with the first version or oldier version of firmware.

Thanks,
Kostas 

Page 1 / 2