Notifications
Clear all

help rmx2 and mixer ddm4000

16 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello guys i apologize for my english
i have in my possession a hercules rmx2 with its internal sound card i would manage the timecode of my dishes technics 1210 and an external mixer ddm4000
they are days that i feel different configurations but calibration remains 0 on virtual dj also changing various settings,
where is the problem ?
i have to change some settings like usb streaming ?

Topic starter

Hello maxking,

- Connect your turntables to Input 1-2 and Input 3-4 on the back of the Rmx2 and make sure the switchs are set to 'Phono' and do not forget to connect the ground cables.

- In the Rmx2 Control panel, set both Input channels to Line (0 db)

- In Virtual DJ audio configuration, you will then need to select the Rmx2 ASIO as audio interface, and set the inputs to use timecoded vinyls (check the user manual for more details) and outupts to External mixer (Deck 1=OUt 1-2 and Deck 2 = Out 3-4) if you want to use your DDM4000 as external mixer.

Topic starter

I ran to the letter that you wrote to me , I can not calibrate

and the track does not start .... πŸ™

I want to specify that my dishes in 1210 do not have the ground , and cut her off

Hello Maxking,

You need the ground cable to use a turntable whose output is in phono level: if your SL-1210 has a only phono output level (the only SL-1210 for which I have a user manual, SL-1210 M5G, has a phono output level only, so the ground cable is needed), you must use a ground cable.

If you have lost your ground cable, you must add one again, you can buy one here
http://www.ebay.it/itm/TECHNICS-GROUND-EARTH-WIRE-SL1200-SL1210-GENUINE-SFEL028-01E-MK2-MK3-MK5-SL-1210-/261915239186?hash=item3cfb5d6312:g:J~8AAOxyFiRR3m~N

You cannot calibrate a turntable which has a phono output without connecting the ground cable.

Topic starter

thanks max
not my 1210 have been modified internally
The mass was removed and placed inside the outside of the pot ....

Hello Maxking,

1) I have not used time-code vinyl in VDJ Pro 8, but I did it
- in VDJ Pro 7.0.5,
- with DJConsole Rmx2 audio interface in Windows (ASIO set at 16-bit 44.1kHz)
- with Shure M44-7 cells on Technics SL1200 turntables,
and I remember the calibration information was wrong: the calibration menu told me the calibration had failed (and the shape of the circle of green dots was not really a circle), but in fact, the calibration had been a success as, after the calibration, I could mix and scratch on the turntables.

2) I do no understand what you mean: if the mass was removed and placed inside the outside of a pot (by pot, do you mean potentiometer or do you mean something else?), do you connect this pot to the ground screw of the Rmx2?
If the ground is not connected, and if your turntable has a phono output level, the hum noise will be too high to calibrate the time code vinyl mode.

3) If you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "MY SPACE"> "MY PROFILE": you have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE", please check DJConsole Rm2,
- In "SOFTWARE IN USE", check VirtualDJ,
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of DJ software.

And as you try to do vinyl timecode, please precise:
- the cell on your turntables,
- your version of VirtualDJ (7.4 Pro, 8.0.0?),
- your time code vinyl discs (are them from VirtualDJ or from Serato or from Traktor?).

Topic starter

Hello guys
After one month I was replaced the RMX2
Now it works perfectly
But I do not remember how to set the settings of virtual dj 8 PRO
EXTERNAL MIXER
audio card rmx2
ASIO DRIVER
but first I have to set deck 1 and deck 2, or I have to leave the master and headphones?

thank you

- Connect your turntables to Input 1-2 and Input 3-4 on the back of the Rmx2 and make sure the switchs are set to 'Phono' and do not forget to connect the ground cables.

- In the Rmx2 Control panel, set both Input channels to Line (0 db)

- In Virtual DJ audio configuration, you will then need to

a) select the Rmx2 ASIO as audio interface,
b) and set the inputs to use timecoded vinyls (check the user manual for more details) and
c) outputs to External mixer (Deck 1=OUt 1-2 and Deck 2 = Out 3-4) if you want to use your DDM4000 as external mixer.

Topic starter

very thanks phato

everything works perfectly

only thing that I can not set it cueing headphones with this configuration
You know what I have to indicate on virtual dj set ?
Obviously headphones attack in the external mixer

Please refer to page 16 of the user manual , section 3.6  Operating the phones section

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Topic starter

THANK YOU
but my problem is to set virtual dj ... know my mixer DDM4000 .....
I let out the cue in the software ....

Not anymore when you are set to external mixer, as the 2 deck in VDJ are being sent directly to 2 channels on your mixer, from which you now need to do cueing, just as if you were using 2 turntables of CDJs.

Topic starter

so I can not do PFL only one channel in the timecode ?

Not sure I understand what you mean, but just to be sure we are talking about the same thing:

- In your current configuration, you are using your SL-1210 with timecode to control Deck 1, while you use Deck 2 for standard MP3 playback, correct ?

- The audio signal from Deck 1 is sent to one channel of your mixer, while Deck 2 is sent to another.

So far, so good ?

Then all you have to do to listen to either deck in your headphone (which are connected to your mixer) would be to enable CUE on your mixer for these specific channel.

Topic starter

I thank you for your patience
I will simply deck 1 deck 2
timecode 1 and timecode 2
when I start the song , the headphones hear the same song that goes into external speakers
also if I change the PFL in the mixer DDM4000 or PFL in rmx2 , always I feel the music in the headphones that goes into external speakers and does not feel the song cueing

Just so we are clear, your headphones are connected to the DDM4000, correct ?

At this point, all the audio mixing is to be done exclusively on the DDM4000, no need to use the PFL on the Rmx2.

I'll again refer you to the DDM4000 user manual as this is where you'll find the information to help you figure this since this is should be a simple 2 channel mixing operation.

Hello Maxking,

There is a description of the connection you need here.

Page 1 / 2