Notifications
Clear all

what controller should i get?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey there all! 

well i am throwing in the towel with my djcontrol rmx and all its issues!  i need to dj!  i am not going to go on and on about what a pain in the a$$ trying to update this firmware and reinstall drivers and get a powered hub etc... reminds me of when i was trying to get my pc to record audio and sync midi back in 1990 - i spent all my time trying to get the setup to work that it left me completely uninspired to make music anymore!

so:
i use a mac mpb mid 2009 with 10.11.2 and my ipad air both with traktor pro/dj  i have a strong urge to get something in the $100-$200 range and would prefer onboard audio/master/cueing and headphones etc with faders that are nice.  

i cant scratch but love q-bert (meaningless info i know) so i just want to use it for djing drum n bass, breaks, trip hop, genres mostly.

back in the day (15 years or so ago?)i bought one of the first dj controllers by a company called behringer and was told by the salesman that although there was no mac driver, they were about to release one any day.  i think it even said "mac compatible" on the box.  they never made that mac driver! i read so much internet info and called behringer and pleaded with them to make it work and they never did.  right after that they just released the same exact product, called it the "mk 2" and it was mac compliant.  ill never buy anything behringer again and wanna say that hercules is not anything like this.  i like hercules and see several on amazon that look like theyd work great.  or not.  so please tell me what you know and thanks for the troubleshooting but as i mentioned in my other post, i just bought traktor finally and cannot use it but with a mouse and that sucks so i need to order a useable solution pronto! 

so i am putting this out there for some honest input please.   

Topic starter

UNIVERSAL DJ?