hercules dj console...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj console rmx not working on laptop

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi i have a hercules dj console rmx and it works really well on my desktop pc and a another laptop. but i got a msi laptop and it doesnt work. it just say "usb not recognized". i did every thing to fix it. i did device management and i try to reset it but dint work. i uninstall and reinstalling the driver over and over. i looked up in the manual and dint help. i hope you can help me.

Hello,

If your MSI laptop is under Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, and has USB 3 ports with an Intel USB controller, it is probably logical.
The firmware of your Rmx is probably not up to date for the Windows 8.1 driver for Intel USB 3.
My suggestion is that you install the drivers 2015_HDJS_6 on your desktop PC, and you update the firmware of your Rmx on this desktop PC.
Be careful, this firmware update must not be stopped by a disconnection, a mistake duuring this update may prevent your Rmx from booting ever, so before running this installation of 2015_HDJS_6, you should
- close all background tasks on the desktop PC,
- disconnect the internet,
- switch off the antivirus,
to make sure the flashing process runs smoothly.
On laptops, one even recommands going through a powered USB hub, but as you have a desktop PC, the USB hub inside the desktop PC is normally well powered.

Once you have updated the firmware of your Rmx in your desktop PC, you can install it, with the drivers 2015_HDJS_6, in your MSI laptop.