Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj4 set - not working as a midi controller

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hi everyone, 

i just bought a new computer and when i tried to install and use my hercules dj4 set on traktor i couldnt. i used this controller 1 month ago in another computer, but now i dont know what happened. the controllers light turns green normal when i plugged in my computer, i could hear from it if i plug my headphones.

the problem is, i couldnt use any function on it, and when i checked it on,  "ftp://ftp.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00420.pdf", the data monitor didnt show any number, so i think that is the problem,
any idea how can i solve it??

thanks a lot  

Hello Triunfus,

1) Please let us know your configuration, fill your profile in clicking on "MY SPACE"> "MY PROFILE" : you have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE", please check DJ 4Set,
- In "SOFTWARE IN USE", check Traktor,
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package (last version is 2015_HDJS_6), version of DJ software (is it Traktor Pro 2.10?).

2) In your DJ 4Set control panel, make sure the MIDI channel is set on 1-2.

Topic starter

Hi, Maxdjack,

i updated my profile, and i checked my DJ 4Set control panel and my MIDI channel is set on 1-2 as you said, sometimes i think that the problem is with the Windows or something, really strange! 

thanksss 

Hello Triunfus,

Please precise exactly what you get when you cannot use Traktor:
1 - in DJ 4Set control panel, prior to running Traktor, did you set DJ 4Set audio in ASIO or in WDM Wasapi
2 - then, once you run Traktor, please confirm you select in Traktor the same audio device (ASIO or Wasapi) and the one previously activate in the control panel
3 - Once you have selected DJ 4Set as audio device in Traktor, did you select internal mode in Traktor audio output settings
4 - And afterward, did you import in Traktor the tsi file DJ_4Set_TP2_v268(PC).tsi you can get here when you select Traktor Pro 2.

Please confirm if you have already used Traktor Pro 2 + DJ 4Set on your previous computer.

Topic starter

Hi Maxdjack,

I cannot use anything, any button, bass, mid, high, nothing, and the strange thing is that i tested in an old computer here, and worked fine, with the same files,

i think that i m having problem with the installation, i dont know why, i tried in Virtual DJ and didnt work too. But the Dj4 Set Control Panel recognized it normally, is really strange,

thanks 

Hello Triunfus,

Please
1) confirm you are administrator of your PC,
2) make the test with no internet connection and no firewall (in case your firewall blocks the access to the USB port),
3) uninistall and reinstall your drivers 2015_HDJS_6,
4) make sure you
- open DJ4Set control panel
- set DJ4Set in ASIO
- then start Traktor
- in Traktor, select DJ4Set ASIO as Audio device
since Traktor can let select an audio device which is not available, and then nothing works in Traktor.