hercules dj control...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj control mp3 e2 problem

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

ive borrowed my e2 controller to a friend and,after 4 months he gave it back but now im having serious problems:
when i plug the controller into my usb port,the only "alive-sign" of it is the white "hercules" logo.
the only two "functional" buttons are the two loops/fx shift buttons,who turn intro red if i press them.
the hercules control panel does not see the controller anymore...(i have tried to install/uninstall and still no idea what to do...)
i even tried on windows xp and it says that the "usb device has malfunctioned...."

as far as i can see,its bad...can i do something to it (reset,firmware??),or ive just received back one brand new bricked hercules e2??

p.s. "sorry if the topic is already open somewhere else on this forum...im just desperate!"

7 Answers
Topic starter

Is there someone who can help me as soon as possible,please?

7 Answers

Did you asked your friend if anything had happen to your controller while he was using it ?

The MP3 e2 doesn't have an upgradable firmware, so if it is permenantly damaged, there are no way to reset it, however, before you can conclude to that:

- Have you tied another USB port and or cable ?

- Do you have access to another computer to try it on ?

7 Answers
Topic starter

Yes,I have tried,two different USB Type B cables,under Windows 7 (Laptop) and under XP (Desktop).Same problem,but there might be a difference...
In Windows 7 it shows me nothing when I connect it,under XP it shows me Unknown Device,but I can't upgrade it using the Hercules drivers,so...this might be the end,I suppose?

7 Answers
Topic starter

Ah,and No,he told me nothing about the "killing process".He said he worked just fine.Wish I could belive it!

7 Answers
Topic starter

hi have the same problem I'm using traktor pro system, Windows Vista
Although the same although the same be filled empty usb ports

I tried it in another pc usb port on Windows XP tenth problem did not do anything but follow the turn off control is lost

7 Answers
Topic starter

Can someone at least try to explain what to do?
I'm tired of looking at the console and doing nothing to bring her back.
I want ideas,explainations,anything...I'm even decided to unsolder the Hercules Microchip if I have to,just that,for not dumping it to the trash without trying all the possible methods to make her functionable again.

Thank you,and by the way...I've noted down here the hardware details of the machines I was tryin' to use the console (it worked in the past!)

------------------------------------------------------
Machine name: TOSHI
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Language: Romanian (Regional Setting: Romanian)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite L40
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/30/07  Ver: V1.70
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  T2370  @ 1.73GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 4036MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3528MB RAM
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Machine name: DURON
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Language: English (Regional Setting: Romanian)
System Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
System Model: K7S41GX
BIOS: Version 1.00
Processor: AMD Duron(tm) ,  MMX,  3DNow, ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

7 Answers

As I said, if it is permanently damaged (and you subsequent tests seem to indicate that it is the case) , then there is unfortunately nothing that can be done to revive it as it doesn't contain a firmware that can be reprogrammed.  

7 Answers
Topic starter

is there someone who can help me as soon as possible,please?

Topic starter

did you asked your friend if anything had happen to your controller while he was using it ?

the mp3 e2 doesnt have an upgradable firmware, so if it is permenantly damaged, there are no way to reset it, however, before you can conclude to that:

- have you tied another usb port and or cable ?

- do you have access to another computer to try it on ?

Topic starter

yes,i have tried,two different usb type b cables,under windows 7 (laptop) and under xp (desktop).same problem,but there might be a difference...
in windows 7 it shows me nothing when i connect it,under xp it shows me unknown device,but i cant upgrade it using the hercules drivers,so...this might be the end,i suppose?

Topic starter

ah,and no,he told me nothing about the "killing process".he said he worked just fine.wish i could belive it!

Topic starter

hi have the same problem im using traktor pro system, windows vista
although the same although the same be filled empty usb ports

i tried it in another pc usb port on windows xp tenth problem did not do anything but follow the turn off control is lost

Topic starter

can someone at least try to explain what to do?
im tired of looking at the console and doing nothing to bring her back.
i want ideas,explainations,anything...im even decided to unsolder the hercules microchip if i have to,just that,for not dumping it to the trash without trying all the possible methods to make her functionable again.

thank you,and by the way...ive noted down here the hardware details of the machines i was tryin to use the console (it worked in the past!)

machine name: toshi
operating system: windows 7 ultimate 32-bit (6.1, build 7600)
language: romanian (regional setting: romanian)
system manufacturer: toshiba
system model: satellite l40
bios: bios date: 11/30/07  ver: v1.70
processor: intel(r) pentium(r) dual  cpu  t2370  @ 1.73ghz (2 cpus)
memory: 4036mb ram
available os memory: 3528mb ram
windows dir: c:windows
directx version: directx 11
dxdiag version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit unicode

machine name: duron
operating system: windows xp professional (5.1, build 2600) service pack 2
language: english (regional setting: romanian)
system manufacturer: american megatrends inc.
system model: k7s41gx
bios: version 1.00
processor: amd duron(tm) ,  mmx,  3dnow, ~1.9ghz
memory: 2048mb ram
windows dir: c:windows
directx version: directx 9.0c
dxdiag version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit unicode

Topic starter

as i said, if it is permanently damaged (and you subsequent tests seem to indicate that it is the case) , then there is unfortunately nothing that can be done to revive it as it doesnt contain a firmware that can be reprogrammed.