hercules rmx2 mac o...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx2 mac osx latest firmware

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, what is the latest firmware update for hercules rmx2 / mac osx yosemite?

mine says firmware v1.22-19 but the driver is copyrighted at  2005 - 2012.

i tried to update it using the updater but it wont finish the controller firmware part.

i got this message "failure occured during the update process. code:c"

No Firmware update has ever been released for the Rmx2. What you see in the control panel (v1.22-19) is still the original release frmware, so no need to update anything.

That being said, was there any reasons why you were trying to update your Fimrware ?

Is your controller properly recognized and working in OS X ?

Topic starter

it is properly recognized in my macbook, but it sometimes doing odd thing like the cue points, if you hit cue 1 for example in deck b, the cue 1 in deck a will also triggered. it doesn't happen all the time, but it is annoying.

Hello,

To know whether your issue is related to hardware or to the map in the software, you should check which MIDI commands your DJConsole Rmx2 sends when pushing the buttons.

Install an app showing the MIDI commands, for example Midi Monitor from Snoize.
With MIDI Monitor, I recommend opening the preferences to read the MIDI instructions in hexadecimal format
- Note format = hexadecimal number
- Controller format = hexadecimal number
- Data format = Hexadecimal format),
as sharing the same format of result makes it easier to compare your result and mine.

- In MIDI Monitor, I suggest you develop Filter menu (click on Filter), and you uncheck the Aftertouch (DJC Rmx2 pads aftertouch are several commands, while an toggle command as hot cue should just scans the note On/Note Off commands).

Set your DJConsole Rmx2 sets of pad in Cue mode on both deck A and deck B, click on clear on MIDI Monitor: you can now compare the MIDI commands sent by your Rmx2 pads 1:

On deck B
Press on the pad 1 on Deck B in Cue mode : you should
- receive a Note On command, value 19, (the velocity value, 7F in my screenshot, depends on how I push on the pad: don't look at it, it is not relevant for a cue command - if your cue command varies with the velocity, there is an issue with the Map of the software)
- Release the pad 1 on Deck B: you should get Note Off, value 19.

On deck A
- Press on the pad 1 on Deck A in Cue : the computer should receive a Note On command, value 09,
- release the pad 1 on Deck A: you should received a Note Off, value 09.

If your Rmx2 sends the same value, the issue is not related to your DJ controller, your issue has another cause.

PS: you should complete your profile (My Space>My profile) in:
- checking the box of the DJConsole Rmx2 in "Hercules Equipment In Use",
- checking the box of the DJ software you use,
- describing your Mac configuration in the field "describe your equipment".
If you don't describe your computer and your software when you meet a bug, a forum cannot help you.

Topic starter

tnx Maxdjack for the reply.
i'm traktor pro user and inside the traktor mapping, you can see or monitor what notes, cc's and channels you are sending in from rmx2.
and in the rmx2 driver advance config,  all velocity settings are OFF except for the fx pads.

Indeed, Traktor allows you to see which MIDI command is being assigned, but the procedure described by Maxdjack will allow you to precisely see if multiple commands are being sent at the same times where only one should be. Also, this removes possible mapping issues in Traktor that could be at cause.

Speaking if which, did you create your mapping or are you using somebody elses ? 

Topic starter

Indeed, Traktor allows you to see which MIDI command is being assigned, but the procedure described by Maxdjack will allow you to precisely see if multiple commands are being sent at the same times where only one should be. Also, this removes possible mapping issues in Traktor that could be at cause.

Speaking if which, did you create your mapping or are you using somebody elses ? 

thanks dj phatso, i'll try Maxdjack suggestion. The default traktor mapping is so simple so i modified it specialy the effects but i leave all the other modes in deafult. i made the eq's and effects share the knobs because rmx2 has only one encoder knob for all the 4 modes. and yes i found out that 1 knob contains 3 different cc's