djcontrol air+ jogw...

Notifications
Clear all

djcontrol air+ jogwheel resistance

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey, just got my brand new spankin air+ from amazon. upon first touching the jogwheels (who wouldnt touch it first?), i realised that deck as jogwheel was much stiffer as compared to that of deck bs. any idea how to smoothen the both out?

Hello,

1) Store the DJ controller at a 64°F or higher temperature before using it
If you have just received it, a travel in plane or in a cold van may have cooled it down and increased the viscosity of the grease in the axis. So first, store it at the house temperature for the grease to warm up at 64°F (18° C) or more, and get a better viscosity.
Once the DJ Controller is at a good temperature, turn fast the jog wheels to warm the grease up and make it fill evenly the jog-wheel axis tube.

2) Place the controller upside down and turn the wheels
If, once the controller has come back to the good temperature, one wheel has still a very different resistance than the other wheel, then the grease in the jog wheel axis may have frozen in a bad position, so once the temprature has increase enough, to place the grease of the axis is properly, you may place the controller upside down, and turn the jog wheel with the highest resistance for 1 minute.

Topic starter

Hello. 
Thank you for the information.

I have done as instructed. 
However, it still seems that Deck B's jog wheel is much more smoother. When I give it a spin, it can go on almost a free axle with like a click every time it rotates a certain amount. It literally "spins" on its axle like a spinning top. It almost feels like it's detached from the main deck.

On on the other hand, the method did work to smoothen out the stiffer jog wheel. All in all, it has comfortable resistance now.  The only problem is in the "free axle" jog wheel. Any way for me to fix it? 

Topic starter

Hello,

1) Store the DJ controller at a 64°F or higher temperature before using it
If you have just received it, a travel in plane or in a cold van may have cooled it down and increased the viscosity of the grease in the axis. So first, store it at the house temperature for the grease to warm up at 64°F (18° C) or more, and get a better viscosity.
Once the DJ Controller is at a good temperature, turn fast the jog wheels to warm the grease up and make it fill evenly the jog-wheel axis tube.

2) Place the controller upside down and turn the wheels
If, once the controller has come back to the good temperature, one wheel has still a very different resistance than the other wheel, then the grease in the jog wheel axis may have frozen in a bad position, so once the temprature has increase enough, to place the grease of the axis is properly, you may place the controller upside down, and turn the jog wheel with the highest resistance for 1 minute.

Hello. 
Thank you for the information. 

I have done as instructed. 
However, it still seems that Deck B's jog wheel is much more smoother. When I give it a spin, it can go on almost a free axle with like a click every time it rotates a certain amount. It literally "spins" on its axle like a spinning top. It almost feels like it's detached from the main deck. 

On on the other hand, the method did work to smoothen out the stiffer jog wheel. All in all, it has comfortable resistance now.  The only problem is in the "free axle" jog wheel. Any way for me to fix it? 

Hello,

The free axle jog wheel is probably more complicated to fix.

If there is not enough friction in the jog wheel axis, the repair requires opening the controller and adding grease in the axis: a repair centre does it easily, but it is not so easy for a normal user.