using scarlett 2i2

Notifications
Clear all

using scarlett 2i2

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys, im trying to setup a hercules mk4 through traktor and i have pretty much everything in place besides being able to cue songs through the headphones.....i dont have any volume whatsoever but the midi is setup properley from what i can see i may be wrong.....i suspect that it may be that im using an external sound card, a scarlett 2i2 to be precise. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again 

-adhdj 

Any reasons why you are not using the MK4 integrated audio interface, which has all the necessary outputs (contrary to the Scarlett) ?

The document included with the following MIDI configuration file explains how to configure the audio menu in Traktor to have both main output and headphone preview:

Topic starter

i was comparing the audio quality of the my audio interface to the hercules....i imagine it is a bit better but if i cant get the headphones to work its not a real issue as the mk4 has a pretty good sound quality.....i was hoping for a work around in any case if i ever need to use it as just a midi controller 

Hello,

The work-around solution with an audio interface lacking output channels is to aggregate 2 audio interfaces, but it is not always easy and it may decrease the audio quality (the software must synchronize 2 audio interfaces, so if they are not perfectly synchronized, you hear audio glitches), so the best if you can is to avoid it.

Here are guidelines to aggregate 2 audio devices:
- in Mac OS: here you can read how to create an aggegate device,
- in Windows: you can use ASIO4All, here is my guideline on how to aggregate 2 devices with ASIO4ALL.