hercules mk4 firmwa...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules mk4 firmware issues-- error firmware older than expected?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,
i have a hercules mk4 dj controller and i am having problems with it.
i recently got it second hand from ebay.  originally got it to work ocassionally but after a hour or so it would freeze up and no longer work. the controls would not work and the computer would no longer be able to use it as a sound card either.
using it on a desktop computer -- dual core 1.8ghz, 4 gig ram, windows 7.  dj software was mixxx

tried un installing and reinstaling differnt versions of the drivers and somehow really messed it up.
now when i install it, the computer reconigizes the device but it only shows up in the device manger under
hercules dj controllers --- hercules mk4 - bulk.
 prior to that it showed up with mk4- bulk, mk4 - asio, and mk4 - midi and also would show up under sound cards too, which it no longer does.
and now when its plugged in the firmware updater pops up and sometimes it will sucussfully update audio and say unplug and plug back in and then when i do it says audio sucussfully updated but firmware is older than expected.
other times the audio will fail with a error code saying something like bulk transfer failed.
any sugguestions on what else i can do to try to fix this? or any idea on what i did to make it get this messed up?

Hello,

You obviously need a powered USB hub to update the firmware of your DJConsole Mk4, so get a USB hub with a power adapter, and let us know you have it.

Topic starter

Ok, I will try using a powered usb hub. And get back to you with the results. Thank You for your suggestion.