Notifications
Clear all

hercules mk4 issue

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,

i have the hercules mk4 and i was running it on my mac with virtual dj no problem. decided to try it out with my windows machine. my computer wasnt recognizing it so i did the hold mic on/off trick that i read in other threads. i then got the firmware update prompt and i tried to update the firmware.  it got to the step where i had to disconnect then reconnect.  i reconnected it and waited for 10 minutes but nothing happened so i got out of the firmware updater and tried to reconnect.  now its showing up as an unknown device and nothing is happening.  

once this happened i then tried plugging it back into my mac and to my dismay its now not working there. no buttons are lighting up and no prompts are happening on the mac when i connect holding the mic on/off button

help? 

Hello,

1) Please precise whether you have a DJ Console Mk4 or a DJ Console 4-Mx.

2) Unfortunately, your issue looks like a firmware update problem which may happen when the USB power is not strong enough.
Can you go in Windows > Control Panel > System > Device Manager
and, once in the Device Manager, connect the Mk4 and check what are the devices which appear at the moment you plug your DJ Console Mk4?

Topic starter

Hello,

I have the DJ Console MK4.

and when I go into the device manager and connect the MK4 I am just getting an unknown device.