rmx2 low to no outp...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx2 low to no output

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

please please help im at my wits end. running virtual dj8 updated rmx2 drivers for osx 10.10.2.

recently ive gotten no sound output. i am getting signal and i can hear it fine in my headphones. microphone output is fine as well t.

ive replaced the usb cable, and switched the port it was plugged into. it sounds like there is a some sort blockage of the signal somewhere that i cant find. i am having the same problem with djuced so it isnt the software that i can see 

i checked my powered speakers by plugging both a guitar and microphone directly to them. i dont know what else i can do.

could i usb ports be failing? everything i plug into them shows up on my mbp.  

Hello,

Please describe more precisely your problem.

A) Complete your profile here as we need more technical information, so in the field "Describe your equipment":
- precise your DJConsole driver package (for example Driver package 5.18),
-precise your release of your DJ software, (for example VirtualDJ Pro 8.0.0 built 2139.949, or VirtualDJ 8 LE built ?).

B) Precise where
- your speakers are connected: is it on DJConsole Rmx2 RCA output 1-2, labelled booth
- your headphones are connected: is it on DJConsole Rmx2 1/4" jack front output, with headphones logo?

C) Is your DJConsole Rmx2 detected as a sound card by VirtualDJ?
It means, when you connect DJConsole Rmx2 to your MacBook, the first time you run in VDJ 8, do you get the detection menu of the sound card into the following screen?
"New Device Detected
You just plugged a DJConsole Rmx2.
(....)
This device has a soundcard. Do you want to use it ?"

If you get it, then please click on the button "Use Soundcard".

Or, in case you get a sound in DJConsole Rmx2 front headphones output, but not in DJConsole Rmx2 speakers output, please confirm when you open VirtualDJ 8 Audio settings menu, you have, as here:

Master                     DJConsole Rmx2     Chan 1&2
Headphones            DJConsole Rmx2     Chan 3&4

D) Last by not least, please use the key ENTER to go to the new line from time to time in messages: if you try to read again your message, you can see it lacks line feeds, so you can imagine 99% of forum users will not read your message as it lacks space.

Topic starter

Powered speakers are using xlr from output 1 & 2.

Headphones using front panel headphone jack input.

Topic starter
  • MacBook Pro 17" OSX 10.10.2

Line6 XD-V30
HDP DJ-Adv G401
Virtual DJ 8 Pro 8.0.0 mac Build  2162.945 
DJ Console RMX 2 v5.18  

The soundcard is being recognized in Virtual DJ 8. I can choose the RMX 2 as the soundcard. Microphone works no problem.  

Hello,

Please precise your model and brand of amplified speakers, and which input (XLR, 1/4", RCA) you use on these speakers.
If your speakers have both a mic and a line input, is there a switch to choose the input source?

Topic starter

The speakers Behringer B212D XLR and line input no switch. These are not the problem. I tested the speakers by both pluging in a microphone directly into the xlr input and an accoustic guitar in the line input. 

Should I run a firmware update? I have updated the drivers but not the firmware.

Topic starter

replace the computer. USB port issues not enough power going out. 

Hello,

If you have checked the main volume button is not at zero on Rmx2, it may be an issue with the XLR cables.
Have you XLR to 1/4" cable, to test how it works on your Behringer 1/4" inputs?