my rmx 2 does not w...

Notifications
Clear all

my rmx 2 does not work!

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i bought an rmx2, installed all the drivers multiple times from the disk and the site, but still i get no reaction from virtual dj and djuiced. but it works on the laptop of my brother. i have windows premium 64bit. in virtual dj 8 it says: rmx2 failed to connect but it detects the soundcard of the controller. windows says everything works fine. please help!

Are you running Windows 7 or Windows 8 Home Premium?

Could you detail your system specs (processor, memory, etc)?

Did you verify, on your computer, that the controller is correctly installed, as described in the following documents ?

If everything is fine, then it should consequently work with DJUCED and VDJ as well.

Topic starter

I have Windows 7 Premium 64 bit, Intel i5 and 8GB. When I try to open MIDI monitor it says: error when trying to open MIDI in device.

And what do you see in Device Manager?

Are all the Rmx2 components enumerated correctly ?

Do you see any components with a yellow ! next to them, which would indicate a problem?

Topic starter

Everything is correct in Device manager.

While you're in Device Manager, could you expand the Universal Serial Bus Controller section and tell me what is underneath ?

Have you tried another USB port on the computer with the same results?

If you open the Rmx2 control panel, in the About tab, what information is displayed ?

Topic starter

In the Universal Serial Bus Controller generic USB hub, intel USB enhanced host controller, Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 host controller and root hub, USB composite device and USB root hub. I have tried different USB ports and no result (2.0 and 3.0) In the about tab: package: 1.HDJS.2014 firmware: 1.22-19 drive: 3.1.8.0 DLL: 0.4.0.0 CPL: 1.0.1.13

Quite strange that only MIDI seems to fail. Let me try some thing and get back to you on this.

Topic starter

Is there anything I can do? Otherwise I am going to send it back.

The thing is, the Rmx2 is working correctly, as you've proven on the other PC. The issue is likely something to do with your computer, and since it is not something we've seen before, we would like to get to the bottom if it.

Given you are willing to help us and feel comfortable doing so, I'll send you some instructions privately on Monday so we can proceed (go to MySpace on the top menu and accept me as friend).