dj console rmx not ...

Notifications
Clear all

dj console rmx not recognized in several computers

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello, installing latest drivers in my dj console rmx, it asked me to update the firmware, then it asked me to unplug the cable from the console and connect it again to complete the process, but it didn´t work, when i did this step, the same message was appearing. so i closed the firmware update and connected the console to the computer, but is not recognized anymore, the buttons of the console are flashing,  tried in 2 different computers with windows 7 and holding the mic button. there is any solution to flash the firmware?
the console is out of warranty.
regards

Topic starter

I am having a similar issue. Since receiving an error trying to update the firmware my RMX is no longer recognised by any of my PC's. I have tried attaching to Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows XP PC's both through a powered USB hub and through a direct connection, however I have had no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Topic starter

Hi,
I've also had the same problems. I purchased my RMX back in 2011, thus also out of warranty. I also had to perform an update to the firmware because I was transferring from an old Macbook to a newer one. Anyway, to cut a long story short I contacted Hercules support by phone and they went through everything with me....still had issues. Then I tried the forums and it seems many people have had issues with the firmware update. I then tried emailing but wasn't getting any proper support. Below are the communication responses I had. Suffice to say I couldn't get anything out of support. Plus they weren't going to issue a refund or alternative model. Waste of money. 

Hercules
"From the details that you have provided us with so much and the results that you have obtained with the unit in your attempt to reinstall the firmware we concluded the problem with the unit is not software related but hardware related.

There is no other troubleshooting procedure that can be done with the unit."

Hercules response
"The issue encountered with the unit is hardware related and not software related and this is why the firmware update - automatic or manual - can no longer be performed.

Since the unit was purchased on December 2011 it has passed the warranty terms provided by us as a manufacturer. A refund or a complete replacement of the unit can be done at this stage only with the retailer in case you have also acquired an extended warranty with them."

BASICALLY, THEY ARE SAYING THEY'VE PRODUCED A UNIT WHICH LASTS A FEW YEARS AND THEN BECOMES DEFUNCT WHEN YOU ARE MADE TO UPDATE DRIVERS / FIRMWARE.

** FOR ME THIS IS A LESSON LEARNT. I'LL BE STAYING AWAY FROM THESE PRODUCTS IN THE FUTURE. I WOULD RECOMMEND NATIVE INSTRUMENTS  http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/ **

Topic starter

I have the same problem and the same answer from hercules.
They really seem to not care about their customers.
But I have read some posts from people here in the forum, that have the same problem and fixed it somehow by reflashing the chip inside the console.
If anyone who already solved this issue reads this, please help us.

Topic starter

Unbelievable, so we have a nice piece of metal, i can't believe why they don't want provide a solution to flash the console, is possible do it in mobile phones, so if they are waiting that we will buy a new Hercules product because this one is broken... NO WAY, i will publish this information in several forums to advice the people to don't buy Hercules products, 3 years of life for the price that it has, ridiculous

Topic starter

I have the same problem and the same answer from hercules.
They really seem to not care about their customers.
But I have read some posts from people here in the forum, that have the same problem and fixed it somehow by reflashing the chip inside the console.
If anyone who already solved this issue reads this, please help us.

I was checking different forums but nobody provided how to flash it

Joskie,

Have you CALLED Hercules tech support? The phone number is HERE.
If you don't call a tech support on phone when you have a technical problem, how do you expect to get the solution?

I send the same advice to pocketdynamo and AxelPose: call Hercules tech support on phone at the number here.
If you don't call the technical support while you are asked to, you will not solve your problem.
If you send a mail and if your problem is identified as a hardware defect while your console is out of warranty, you will get the message pocketdynamo has received, it is normal, you must CALL on phone, and explain in detail you situation to get a deeper and possibly better answer, and possibly solutions.

PS: Your allegation "they don't want provide a solution to flash the console" is not true: there is a written process to flash DJ Console Rmx, you know it as you mention you have tried it in "holding the Mic button", so if it doesn't solve your case, it is not because "they don't want to provide a solution to flash the console", it is because it doesn't work in your case.
Being biased cannot help on a forum: any forum user choose to answer or not answer to your your post, and it is more rewarding to help friendly forum users, rather than answering to your unfriendly posts: you threatens (to post messages on other forums), your allegations are not fully true ("they don't want to provide a solution", the comparison with a mobile phone shows how much you don't know phones, your allegation on the life of rmx lasting only 3 years is obviously no shared by most Rmx user), you don't provide enough technical informations (you didn't complete your profile with information as your computer, your operating system, your DJConsole series drivers, you don't describe how the problem occured on your computer).

Topic starter

If anyone has the following problem:
Automatic Firmware Updater went wrong, since then RMX Console is only recognized as Unknown USB Device with Vendor Id 0451 and Product ID 3200, which is a Texas Instrument Chip, which is probably used inside.

Here is the solution, thanks to MaxDJack for his help.

A screwdriver and a EEPROM Programming Device is needed.  There is NO NEED to remove the sliders or knobs !!
You need to dismantle the console, by removing the 6 long screws on the upper side to the left and the right.
Then all the small black screws on the left and the right side.
Finally on the lower side some small black screws need to be removed and two silver ones
which are partly hidden by the feet of the console, which need to be removed, too.

Then remove the EEPROM, which is a HT24LC64.
To reflash it, you need the image file which you can get from MaxDJack or me.
Flash the binary data to the EEPROM and reinstall the EEPROM into its socket.

If you do not know what I am talking about, you better ask someone who has knowledge on electrical engineering.

Topic starter

Hi,

How can i get the file to reflash te eeprom

Thanks. 

Hello DanyV,

I have just sent you a missage with the link for the firmware file.

Topic starter

Thank you ! 

Topic starter

Hello everybody!

I also need the eeprom flash file.
Thank u in advance.