Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx win 8.1

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

i am trying to connect the rmx with my laptop ( usb2 port ).
my laptop is win 8.1 ( intel i5 4210u , 4g ram , nvidia gpu ).
i have used the updates from the hercules site, but the rmx isnt connecting.
could you please help me?

thanks,
george 

Hello,

1) Please precise your complete model of computer (brand and model) as knowing your USB host is needed (if you have an Intel USB 3.0 host, whether the USB port is USB 2 or 3, it will not be detected as long as USB 3.0 protocol is activated, whatever the port).

2) Please complete your profile here as getting an efficient technical help on a forum requires that you describe your computer technical configuration so in:
  - Hercules equipment in use: check the name DJ Console Rmx in the list,
  - Software in use: check your DJ software,
  - Describe your equipment: precise your computer brand and model, CPU, RAM, operating system (for example is it Windows 8.1 32-bit or 64-bit), precise your DJConsole driver package, and your release of your DJ software, (for example VirtualDJ 7 Pro).

Topic starter

Thanks for your direct reply.
I have completed my profile. 

Hello,

HP 15 r119nv has indeed the Intel USB 3 host which was OK up to Windows 8.0, and whose USB mode was change when Windows 8.1 has replaced the stable drivers of Intel for USB 3.0 by Microsoft drivers for USB 3.0.

a) The safest option is to edit the bios of your PC, disable the xHCI, so your USB ports will operate in USB 2.0, and when Microsoft update these USB 3.0 drivers replaced by proper working drivers from Intel for the USB 3 host, you can re-enable the xHCI.

b) The other option is take a USB hub which has a power adapter, connect your DJ Console Rmx via this USB hub with power adapter on another computer (Windows XP, Vista, 7 or Windows 8.0), and install Hercules last driver and firmware, for DJ Console Rmx to operate even with Microsoft drivers for USB 3.0.

If you always use your DJConsole on the same computer, I suggest you take option a), it is safe, and your computer will still be OK, while option b
- is more risky (you can see some users on this forum who say Hercules has damaged their DJ Console, but in fact, it means their USB bus was not powered enough when updating the firmware in their DJ Console)
- solves the compatibility issue of Windows 8.1 drivers for Intel USB 3.0 with DJ Console Rmx, but you may still meet other devices not detected due to this USB 3.0 driver from Microsoft.

Topic starter

Hello , 

I can't disable the xHCI from Bios ( Missing from Bios ? ) and I disable it from Device Manager.
Is it ok ?

Thanks
George 

Topic starter

If i format the laptop and instal win 7-64 , then the problem will be fixed?

Hello,

When you edit the Bios /UEFI of your computer, when you go in the USB section, don't you see:
- either XHCI setting, or Extensible Host Controller Interface,
- or USB 3.0 setting?

The difficulty is that, except for a presentation on HP US site, the only page on this computer are in greek.
http://www8.hp.com/gr/el/hp-search/search-results.html?ajaxpage=1#/page=1&/cc=gr&/lang=el&/qt=15-r119nv

I don't know if disabling the USB 3.0 / XHCI in the device manager is efficient: you can try, reboot your computer, and see if anything is detected.