Notifications
Clear all

headphones mono problem

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everyone!

a couple of months ago i bought the hercules rmx2, and im using it with the vdj 7.4.2 and a macbook pro.
i have a problem for several weeks now with the headphones output on the top right side.  when i turn on the console, i can hear from both left and right headphone, after while i lose the stereo and hear only from the left. its not the cable, cause when i unplug and put the headphones in the front output everything is ok, then put it straight back in the other output, still mono. when i turn it off for a while and on again, i can hear stereo, and then the same. 5 nights ago for 2 nights in a raw everything was working properly with both of the outputs, so i dont think that its the output plug either. and its only happenning on the top right headphones output. can anyone help me?

From your description, it sounds like there might be a physical problem with the top headphone connector, which would require a replacement of the unit. If your are still under warranty, this shouldn't be an issue.

But out of curiosity, do your headphones come with a 6.35mm to 3.5mm adapter ? If this is the case, have your tried using a different one ?

The inside of the headphone connector are bent pieces of metal which make contact with the jack. It's not impossible that, since they are not all created equal, the piece of metal in the top connector might bent in a way that it doesn't actually make contact properly all the time. I've seen this with guitars where certain brand of cable wouldn't work properly. 

Topic starter

Hello, sorry for the delay to answer back. Actually my headphones come with a 6.35mm to 3.5mm adapter but I thought that it should be ok, since it's working properly in the front connector. Last night i tried using another but the problem was still there, so I think that it must be the top connector. I'm still under warranty, do I have to send the console somewhere, or can I go to the place that I bought it?

Your retailler should be able to replace it, but if this is not the case, please contact Technical Support.

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

Topic starter

Ok, will do that! Thank you very much for everything!!!