Notifications
Clear all

sending output back to laptop problem/suggestions

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi!

i have a dj control air console, i installed it and it works perfectly. the only problem is that i want to send the output from the console back to the laptop and hear it through the built-in speakers. and here comes the serious problem, my laptop has only one headphone jack (or port, not sure whats the official term). would it be possible to send output to the laptop and hear it through its speakers? and if yes, how?any specific device?cable? i used to have external speakers/amplifiers but i am on travelling and couldnt take all these with me. sorry for my ignorance and thanks in advance.

Pretty difficult to enter a room if there is no door, isn't it ?

Best advise is to get a pair of small, portable and battery (or USB) powered speakers.

Topic starter

Yeah, I guess you are right. But i thougt maybe something like USB Audio Adapter External Sound Card could help. Will you recommend speakers with battery to avoid ground loop?Or isn't it such a big deal? Thanks for the reply and help! 🙂

Using an external USB soundcard would serve exactly the same function as the internal soundcard (if it had an input), but this I don't think you would want to drive a party from your laptop speakers, so this is obviously just for practice purposes and having a feedback. In this case, might as well go straight to a set of speakers, and I don't think ground loop should be a problem.