Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj air - sound card?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,
i want to purchase my hercules dj control air, but i couldnt find a proper answer of the following question - is there a built up sound card in it or not? because i had the mp3 le and without sound card things are really not cool.
also - is it air better than dj instinct, cause it seems to be, but looks like there are also some differences. so please tell me which one would be the best chice for my small budget and also - better to play in small bars/clubs (more bars tho). also about the sound card. thanks a lot!!! 🙂

If you look at the product description:

Built-in audio outputs for mixing and previewing tracks
1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini-jack output for the mix
1/4" (6.35 mm) stereo jack output for previewing tracks

This means that the DJ AIR integrates a soundcard.

Beside the size and features (pads vs buttons, AIR control) the DJ AIR and Instinct are not that different. It really depens on your needs.

Topic starter

Thank you very much for the fast answer! 🙂
I know that both AIR and INSTINCT are not that different, but still - what are those little thing technically what make the difference? I was thinking that AIR is maybe abit more "proffesional", but that's just because of the size and some features (so as pads and so). Am I right? Also I thought that AIR is better for playing in a bar, because of the sound quality/power? I have red many opinions about it and saw thiw with the sound power as an issue. Therefore INSTINCT has plug-in for an AMP,but I guess AIR not? Can you please explain me what is the difference and what shall I choose in this case? I still am for the AIR, but need to know, cause I don't want to change it again a couple of weeks/months and I am definitely stucking to HERCULES as a brand 😉

If you want to go into details:

The soundcard in both is essentially the same. Only the output connector type differ.

- The Instinct has both minijack and RCA for the main output, and minijack for headphone.

- The AIR has only minijack for the main output, and standard 1/4" jack for headphone.

Both require to be connected to amplified speakers, and the output level (if this is what you were refering to by "quality/power") is the same.

So you would need to use an adapter to connect the AIR to an amplifier where you would go direct from RCA to RCA with the Instinct. Is this less professional ? Some people mix using iPads, which also require adapters, so the debate is out.

As for the rest, again, it is really a matter of what you want to use ? Do you need bigger jogwheel ? Are you looking to use samples and want  drum machine like pads ?  Do you have big hands and need a little more room to move around the controller ?

My best advise would be to go to a store that carry both products and try them out a bit, get a feel for them before you make your decision.

Topic starter

Thank you very much again for the answer, that is all I needed to know!
Best Regards,