4set stopped workin...

Notifications
Clear all

4set stopped working after transition from windows 7 pc to mac os x 10.9

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i started off using my dj4set with a windows 7 machine a couple of years ago.  a few months ago my harddrive failed and i purchased an 11inch macbook air.  upon connecting the dj4set to the mac it prompted me to update the firmware.  i followed the on screen update directions but have been unsuccessful getting it to work.  thus far ive, 

- downloaded and installed the most recent firmware, drivers, and midi mapping
- attempted manual update using 3 different machines, older macbook (10.7.5), 2 different new macbook air (10.9 & 10.10), and a desktop pc running windows 7.  
- ive tried the file/folder method, load left/right method, mic on method
- have tried all this via a direct and powered usb connections and have tried multiple usb cords to insure it was not a wiring issue.

now when i plug in the the dj4set to the mac the mic on light illuminates briefly then fades off.  after reading extensively through the forum it lead me to this information found under system info.

vendor-specific device:

product id: 0x3200

vendor id: 0x0451  (texas instruments)

version: 0.00

speed: up to 12 mb/sec

manufacturer: usb device - by haim eliyahu

location id: 0x14210000 / 10

current available (ma): 500

current required (ma): unknown (device has not been configured)

not sure if this is helpful to anyone who may be able to assist in getting this up and running.  im at a loss and have a gig coming up in a week so need a solution asap.  any assistance would be greatly appreciated!  thanks in advance!

If your console is being detected as Texas Instrument, it means the internal chip was somehow reseted to its manufacturing state, which makes it impossible to apply the custom Console firmware. A replacement would be necessary at this point.

Please contact Technical Support.

Topic starter

Thanks for the info!  I feared that might be the case but the update process for the hercules consoles is bogus.  I had no problems with the console until I was prompted to update.  Needless to say I'm not happy!  Thanks once again for the info, tech support has been contacted.