speakers and headph...

Notifications
Clear all

speakers and headphones

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

what speakers and headphones would you advise to get for dj control instinct?  would these speakers be fine and do i need to buy anything extra? 

The type of speakers will really depend on your needs and buget.

If you are only playing in your bedroom, a standard set of computer stereo speakers would be sufficiant. If however you are planning on entertain a few people in a large room, then you would obviously need something more substantial.

Were you refering to a specific set of speakers ? Posting a link or a model name might help.

Topic starter

Well I was looking anything up to £50 for playing for more people so not really computer speakers . Would shop on amazon

Topic starter

I acty have speakers from a hi if would they work?

For this price, you can't really expect to find much more than a set of computer speakers. At least a 2.1 set, which includes a subwoofer, could give your decent results dependiong on the room size.

Topic starter

What about the 2 x sky rev 6" 2 way dj pa speakers 300 watts on amazon? Would hi go speakers work? 

Again, posting a link to the speakers you are refering to would help.

Topic starter

Share this item

2x Skytec 6" Passive 2-Way DJ PA Speakers 300W 
  • O
Topic starter

Using a laptop with the computer speakers I take it these plug into back of the controller ? Could buy cheap pair to start and upgrade later on. What are the minimum specs u advise for these ? 

Here is the catch. These speakers are passive, meaning you still need an amplifier between your source (the DJ console) and the speakers. This is the most expensive part which you can't really go without.

If you look for an active speaker (one that integrates an amplifier), you'll see that you'll probably won't find anything below £100.

Topic starter

Looking for something anything up to around £50 which I can just plug into back of console and work straight away so maybe could go for the computer speakers . Would u be able to post links ? Amazon I would buy from 

Topic starter

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006812VOS?vs=1