dj controller air s...

Notifications
Clear all

dj controller air stopped working

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

my controller just stopped working, turned on my computer go into djuced tried to use it, noticed that it wasnt working. i unplugged it, waited a while tried plugging it back in and still nothing, anyone know a possible fix or might i have to get a new one? and yes i have updated the drivers for the controller. the lights dont even turn on either, and when i look at the tray driver it shows an x on the bottom right of it.

Hello,

Please detail your:
- computer configuration: operating system (precise the complete system, for example Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1), computer brand and model, CPU, RAM
- USB configuration: is it USB 2.0 or USB 3.0, what else is connected in USB, have you a USB hub with a power adapter
- DJConsole series drivers: is it the package 2014_HDJS_1?

Topic starter

ASUS Desktop PC CM6330,CM6630,CM6730,CM6830 Series / ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Windows 8 64-Bit Operating System USB 2.0
i7-3770 CPUE @ 3.40GHz
8.00 GP RAM,

and yes it is 2014_HDJS_1

Hello,

1) Are you in Windows 8.0 or in Windows 8.1?
Windows 8.0 has no specific problem in USB, but Windows 8.1 meets hundreds of incompatibility issues on Intel USB 3.0 hosts since Microsoft has replaced Intel's good USB 3.0 drivers by Microsoft terrible drivers, which caused many USB peripherals being no longer detected in USB (USB storage keys, USB webcams, USB scanners, USB headsets..).

2) if you use the last version of Djuced 18, 1.0.95?

3) Please confirm if DJControl Air audio is still working: can you select DJControl Air as sound card and play sound on it: even if Djuced18 cannot detect DJControl Air as a controller, can it detect it as a sound card?

Remark: From what I know, your USB controller is a USB 3.0 controller.
If there are 2 USB 3.0 ports on the rear panel, it means it is a USB 3.0 controller, whether you are connected to its USB 2.0 ports or not doesn't change that the USB host is a USB 3.0 host, I don't know if the USB host controller is an Intel or from another manufacturer.
You can know it in going to Windows Settings > System > Device Manager, then you develop the Universal Serial Bus Controllers group and you can read if you have an Intel USB 3.0 host.

Topic starter

1. Windows 8.1, and the only thing i have plugged into the usb is my keyboard and my G930?

2. im using that version.

3. DJControl Air doesnt even show anywhere but when plugged-in or unplugged it makes a noise in my headset saying its on/in. 

I found a USB 3.0 port in the back yet it still doesnt work. 

http://imgur.com/MRu4JzF Thats what i have.
http://imgur.com/eSaPlC8 i also see this.

And the error that comes along with the second picture
This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.  

Hello Revides,

I wonder whether the problem of detection of your DJ Control Air is related to:
a - an issue in DJ Control Air firmware (which would require reflashing the firmware),
b - an issue with ASUS USB utilities,
c - an issue of USB transaction bandwidth,
d - an issue of USB on your USB 3.0 host.

a) Check if it is related to issue A (Firmware)
Can you install your DJ Control Air on another computer which is not in Windows 8.1 and check if it works on not?
I don't mean DJ Control Air is not compatible with your computer, I just want to diagnose whether the issue is related to a setting in the controller or to a setting in the computer.

b) Check if the issue is related to a ASUS utility
Most big PC manufacturers deliver their computers with a package of utilities.
Each time I am asked to optimize a computer, or solve a compatibility issue, the first step in optimization is to remove ALL these programs, as they are generally waste CPU ressource, and cause bugs.
Please check if you have the utility AI Suite II installed?
If you have it, I suggest you remove it as recommended here on Microsoft Windows USB blog.

c) As your G930 USB dongle takes a large bandwidth, please check how if your DJControl Air is better detected when the G930 USB dongle is removed from the computer.

d) I didn't mean at all that connecting on the USB 3.0 post at the back would work better, I simply asked to confirm you have a USB 3.0 port since you said USB 2.0, as this type of issue looks like what happens on some USB 3.0 hosts, since Microsoft Windows 8.1 update, I thought you had a USB 3.0 host.

PS:
1) You should take the time to mention the name of your computer: CM6330,CM6630,CM6730,CM6830 Series are not the same computer, so not writing the precise name means not knowing issues specific to this model.
2) Have you updated your computer bios with the latest release, 0904?

Topic starter

It now detects it and shows it where the hardware devices are at, yet it still doesnt light up or get connected to djuced. and section A didnt work... Did section B still no improvement... C also had no help... and D i really wish i knew how to get back to windows 8 because thats when the problem started, right after 8.1 if there is a possible way on going back to 8 that'd be great.

Hello,

Having the controller detected is a improvement, the issue may come from a driver ressource being changed by the update of Windows 8.
Can you re-install the driver?
1 - Make sure you boot with an administrator account of your computer
2 - Leave your DJ software, and unplug your DJ Control Air from your computer
3 - Fully uninstall Hercules DJ Console series drivers
     Click on Start button > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Select Hercules DJ Products Series drivers.
     And then click Uninstall
4 - At the end of the uninstall process, reboot your computer
5 - After rebooting, re-install the driver package 2014_HDJS_1.