Notifications
Clear all

problems with my djcontrol instinct

16 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everyone,

i recently bought a brand new djcontrol instinct but cant get it to work. before you ask, no it is not properly installed when i look at my device management. im not sure what is causing the problem but i do not think the problem lays in the usb port or the device since its brand new and turned on for a few sec (but the controls didnt work eitherway)

im running windows 7 (64x) and think the problem is caused by the drivers. they never require me to accept new audio devices and i afterwards cant find the bulk or asio driver. does anyone have any tips? 

Hello,

Please confirm

1) you use an administrator account of your Windows 7 computer,

2) when you run Hercules installer program (I suppose you use 2014_HDJS_1), at the moment the installer ask you to connect your Hercules device, when you connect your DJControl Instinct, you don't answer to Windows Plug and play message plug (otherwise it crashes the installation) and keep on following Hercules instructions.

Topic starter

I've created a new topic because I suppose its more of a hardware problem (?).
 Thanks for your reply, lets start with that!.

Yes, I do use an administrator account (I have also run the program as admin). The thing is, when I run the installer everything seems to work alright, but when it asks me to plugin and I do just that, I don't get any message at all, or reaction (or lights which turn on on my controller). Therefore I suppose the pc just does not at all recognize the controller. I have no clue why.

Hello,

Have you the possibility to test your DJ Control Instinct on another computer, to check what happens?

PS: it would be better to post all messages related to your issue in 1 single discussion.
I agree this discussion should be in Hardware rather than in Software, but starting the same discussion in 2 areas is a mess, as the information will be incomplete in both discussion, so that you reduce the help the forum can provide to solve your issue.

Topic starter

I understand, I deleted the other topic for now.

On my laptop it seems to work fine. On this pc not. Today, after leaving it plugged in in my seperately powered usb hub for a while it suddenly worked, when I shut down my pc and turned it on again later it didn't work anymore. I am now certain I have the proper drivers installed. 

EDIT: when I go to device manager you see the device as a usb controller (it has been named djcontrol instinct also once). There is a yellow explanation mark there and it states there are no drivers found (also not online). This is however not the case.

Hello,

If it has worked once through a USB hub which has its power supply on the same computer , it looks as if the issue is related to the USB connection.

1) Make sure you have disabled the Windows setting which cuts the power on the USB port.

1. Use an administrator account of Windows
  2. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Device Manager
  3. Develop USB controller paragraph
  4. Right click in the first line USB Root Hub and go to properties > tab Power Management > disable the check "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save energy"
  5. Repeat this last operation on all the other lines USB Root hub on this computer.

2) Check if connecting the DJControl Instinct to another USB port on the PC
- through a powered USB hub,
- and without the powered USB hub
has the same result.

3) Check if having nothing else than DJControl Instinct connected on the USB ports of the PC has an impact (I have seen once a mouse which cut the connection on the other USB ports power intensive peripherals (the USB keyboard and USB key were still functional, but the USB port could not support a DJ controller or a webcam): this issue happened because the mouse was causing a shortcut on the USB pins, but the mouse was still functional as a mouse.

Topic starter

The USB hub has a seperate power supply (because I figured it might be power related I bought a seperately powered usb hub. I did step 1 for all usb root hubs and the seperately powered hub, but with no succes.

Connecting it without a powered hub on a different pc has worked, with I haven't checked and I'm unable to currently check (but I don't know if its relevant because I can try to use both a normal and a powered usb hub).

I have already tried to unplug everything else but it hasnt worked. At times it does recognize the controller but it just reffers to it as USB controller (not hercules dj instinct) and my pc cant ''find'' my drivers. Manually selecting the driver folder doesnt seem to work either.

Hello,

1) For point 2) I meant have you tried to connect DJControl Instinct on the other USB ports of your PC (not on another PC).
If there is a power issue on 1 USB port, this issue may be limited to 1 USB port, and the other USB ports of the PC would have no such issue.

2) Have you tried if connecting the DJ controller to the USB port prior to powering on the computer changes something?

3) What is your computer brand & model?
What is your USB hub, how old is its power supply?

Topic starter

Thanks again for your swift reply!

1) Yes I have, it doesn't help.

2) I have done it with the seperately powered usb hub, not a normal hub, will try right away. 

3) USB hub: https://www.sitecom.com/en/usb-hub-4-port/cn-050/p/5 I bought it this week. I don't understand what you mean with how old is its power supply. The adapter is the same age if you mean that.
My PC is self-made. Specs:
 8GB Ram
AMD FX-8350 Black Edition (4 ghz)
ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0
MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC
XFX Pro 550W

Hello,

2) I don't see what you call normal hub.

3) If the power supply is 1 week old, there is no problem. I have seen old usb Hub operating not so well because the power supply was too old, so I asked this question.

Topic starter

2) With a normal usb hub I mean a usb port on your pc (which is specified as USB root hub on your device manager)

3) Ah, I understand, the thing was bought brand new so must not be a problem. 

Hello,

As the USB port has some specificities , have you tried setting the USB (XFast 555) in normal speed?

Topic starter

Hi,
No I have not, but I'm not sure how to? 

Have you a menu as the one here?

Topic starter

The site says that xfast usb is not compatible with my processor. When I download it I am unable to find any ports to speed up. 
I did not try the device with usb 3.0 before, but I have now and although my ports are working with other devices still nothing happens with my djcontrol insting.

Message from the administrator: your discussion was moved to the hardware section.

Can you post a screenshot of your Device Manager with DJControl Instinct connected?
Click on Windows button.
Go to the Control Panel > System > Device Manager.

Topic starter

I would, but it has stopped giving any reaction at all now (after working for one day randomly). Normally it just shows that a random usb device has connected (with a yellow triangle with an explanation mark)

Page 1 / 2