installing virtuald...

Notifications
Clear all

installing virtualdj from the disc included w/ mk4

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello. i just received my hercules mk4 today. i have a new windows 8.1 laptop. i installed the new drivers from this forum but the hercules icon has an x on it. not sure what that means. also when i tryed to install the virtualdj from the cd rom included in the package, it starts installing, then a box pops up saying "an i/o error occurred while installing a file. this is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file." i purchased this unit online as a blemished unit, but cant find anything wrong with it.  seems like theyre being phased out. but ive read so many possitive reviews i just had to have it. can you please tell me how to get this thing to work? thank you.

Hello,

DJ Console Mk4 is compatible with Windows 8.1 but there is a detection issue on Windows 8.1 with some Intel USB 3.0 chipsets which requires updating the firmware in DJ Console Mk4.

Getting an X on the Hercules icon means the DJ Console Mk4 is not detected, so if it is the USB 3.0 intel chipset issue, there are workarounds, bu the easiest would be to update the firmware in the Mk4 on another computer (PC up to Windows 8.0, or Mac): have you access to another computer which has not Windows 8.1 ?

Topic starter

I have access to a Mac. And an old windows XP.

Topic starter

OK. I updated the drivers using the mac. Now my 8.1 recognizes it! So now the virtual DJ question? How do I get that to work?

Hello,

For your error message when installing VirtualDJ, I suppose your CD may be corrupted.
You have a VirtualDJ serial number written on the CD enveloppe (a format like XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX).
Go on the website www.VirtualDJ.com, create an account, then go on Download page, My Account, click on My licenses, and type in this field the VirtualDJ serial number you found on the CD enveloppe.
Click on OK and you can download a version of VirtualDJ LE for DJ Console Mk4.