Notifications
Clear all

hercules 4mx not recognized

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello hercules forums!

ive recently been having some problems with my virtual dj program lagging after 5 minutes or so of using the controller to interact with it so i figured that this problem might have been the old drivers that were still installed on the console.  i went online, downloaded the latest drivers successfully and then proceeded to update my 4mxs sound and hardware components.

on the second step of the process, after i had unplugged the controller and plugged it in again while pressing the mic on/off button, it told me to unplug and replug the controller in for "confirmation." after doing this at least a dozen times and getting no results, i had no other choice but to cancel the installation.

i tried installing the driver again multiple times with my controller plugged in and multiple times with my controller not plugged in, but whenever it got to the stage where it asked for me to "plug in your hercules devices," i would plug my 4mx in, it would act like it was installing something on the controller for a few seconds, and then it would say "successful install"; all-the-while my controller still didnt work.

to make sure it wasnt something wrong with the computer i attempted and successfully installed my hercules mp3 e2 into the new driver and that works perfectly fine.  however, even when i tried plugging in the controller into my other usb plugs to have it install the driver software it would say that it had failed to install my driver software for my now, as it claims, "unknown device".

i tried plugging in my 4mx to my familys mac and, though the mic on/off button did light up for a few seconds when i plugged it in, the computer didnt recognize the controller at all.

so now i come to you all with this question:  how the heck do i get my computer to recognize that my controller is a hercules 4mx, and to install its drivers successfully into the computer?

my computer specs:
gateway
windows 7
core i3

When you tried it on the MAC, I figure you installed the appropriate drivers ?

Can you try connecting the console to the computer while holding the MIC button, and don't let go until the computer detects something.

Normally, this should cause the driver to detect that the console is in boot mode, and consequently launch the Firmware updater, allowing you to apply the firmware again.

Topic starter

I tried what you told me to do while holding down the mic button (held it for a good 30 seconds), but the computer didn't even recognize that there was a device at all (and the firmware updater didn't pop up either).  I was able to hook up by hercules mp3 e2 to the computer into the exact same usb port if that's helpful to you at all.

When I tried it on the mac all I was looking for was for the 4mx to give signs that it was connected (i.e. decks light up when you press them, etc).  I did not bother installing the drivers because all I wanted to do is to make sure the computer recognized that there was a device being hooked up to it before I tried anything (it did not recognize it in the end much to my dismay). 

In this case, there is a chance a problem might have happened during the firmware update that might have damaged the console.

You should contact Technical support. They'll be able to help you further if this is the case.

Hello DJ Veaux,

If you have at home a USB hub with a power adapter, I suggest you connect the USB hub (powered y its power adapter) to the computer and DJ Console 4-MX to the USB hub (if your USB port provides not enough power for DJ Console 4-Mx, you may not see it with DJ Control MP3 e2 as DJ Console 4-Mx requires more power than DJ Control MP3 e2).

Topic starter

I think I have the same problem with an older RMX console.
The firmware updater went wrong, although I did everything as it told me to.
Now the console is recognized in Windows Device manager as Unknown Device with vendor id 0451 and device id 3200, which is a texas instrument chip, that they probably use in the console.
Hercules Support wasn't very helpful here 🙁 Any good ideas how to flash the firmware again are highly appreciated.