dj control instinct...

Notifications
Clear all

dj control instinct headphone button wont work. help!

15 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there, 
recently purchased a control instict and everything works really well, except theres something thats stopping me from really pushing on and creating mixes ect ect. and that is that when i press the headphone button on i cant hear anything thats coming from the other turntable through the headphones..
i am using dr dre beats solo hd headphones which i know is completly not the thing to use to dj and so i thought it might be them.. i used my brothers skull candy headphones but nothing out of them either. is it a case of buying specific dj headphones? or is there something wrong with my machine?

1, yes, the volume is turned up for the headphones
2, im using djuced 18 fully updated and the output 1&2 is set to master and the 3&4 is set to headphones
3, im using a mac pro os x
4, when using the beats i get absolutly no sound atall from the headphones (button on or off)
5, when using the skull candy i get a constant sound of the current song playing (buttons on or off)

thanks! 

Topic starter

Hi Ibuzzi,

Some things to check,

Open the Hercules Dj Series control Panel and check if the volume is turned on here as well or if the channel is not muted.

In this same control panel under advanced check if the headphones is set to 3-4(default)

In DJUCED turn up the volume with your mouse, then turn up the volume on the controller itself by pressing the  + button.

In DJUCED, make sure it is set all the way to cue.

Instead of headphones use a speakerset to see if you can get sound out of the output.

Greetz

TheCause

Topic starter

Hello thank you for getting back to me...
i went over the things you asked me to check;

the volume was at it fullest
the headphones were not at the default and so i changed them thinking this would change things
no such luck πŸ™
i then turned the volume up manually on djuced and also turned the cue/mix button right the way down to cue
i then swapped my speakers and my headphones around to see if the song i wanted to cue in would come through those..
nothing πŸ™
Just an added thing i am now getting sound out of the dr dre beats but the headphone button is still not responding, sound comes out regardless of the button on or off and i can only hear the next tune when i slide the fader across...

I really hope there is not a malfunction.. i was round my mates the other day and he has exactly the same system but he was using more 'dj' assosciated headphones and his was working fine..

Thanks for your assistance 

Topic starter

Can you provide us with some screenshots of the Control Panel of the unit and the Sound Setup settings, as you have them in the DJuced software? This will be of great help to see exactly what might be wrong on your computer.

Also, what is the exact version of the OS that you are using and how did you install the software - by any chance using the installation CD that came with the unit? 

Topic starter

Hi there, 
Sorry for getting back late,
Im using OS X 10.8 (think thats Lion?)
And i believe yes i did use the CD but then updated via the internet as the old version was causing me problems (crashing etc)

The pictures are on my laptop but whats the easiest was of getting them on here?
thanks 

Topic starter

And the update was done automatically? Or have you first removed the driver and the DJuced software manually and then you have installed them manually again?

It would a sound strategy if you were to install the latest version of both software components manually, using directly the last version.

Topic starter

Im not to sure ...
But defiantly sounds worthy and ill give it a go.
Do you recommend un-intalling everything i have with djuced and then starting again?
Where shall i download it from?
Thank you! 

Topic starter

Hi Ibuzzi,

Yes uninstall them both, then download them from here:

http://ts.hercules.com/download/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/DJSeriesInstall_4_69s.dmg

After that DJUCED:

Now try it again

Thanks

TheCause

Topic starter

@TheCause  - IT WORKS! THANK YOU! Laughing

Topic starter

Hi ibuzzi,

Great to hear it has been resolved.

Greetz

TheCause

Topic starter

Hi, I have the same trouble but I use traktor, how can i fix it....please

Hello Monkey Chan,

Please confirm you have the following settings:

Audio Setup:
Audio Device: ,DJControl Instinct ASIO

Output Routing
Output Monitor: L = output 3 / R = output 4
Output Master: L = output 1 / R = output 2

Topic starter

Hi there,
I am using traktor with hercules instinct and am having the exact same problem. I have tryed out quite a couple of things already but cant seem to find a solution...

with this configuration, my tracks are played through my speakers and through my headphones simultaneously and the button to activate my headphones on the deks has no effect...

thank you for answering as soon as possible I'm desperate!!

Did you verify the position of the Monitor Mix knob (right next to the headphone volume) on the Traktor interface?

- When in the CUE position (extreme left) , you will hear the deck for which the CUE SELECT has been activated;

- When in the MIX position (extreme right), you will hear what comes out of Output 1-2, according to the crossfader position.

- If you want to hear a bit of both (when preparing a track for example), simply put it down the middle position (12h).

Topic starter

Hi, i really really need help here. I've managed to get through a few problems etc and now i'm having trouble getting the sound out my headphones and the speakers etc. I've tried messing round with the output things but i just can't get it right and i've been trying for days now haha. Can some good GOOD soul please help me as i'm totally lost on what to do, I use a windows pc and i have normal speakers connected to my pc. Thank you in advance : )

If you've followed the configuration described by Maxdjack above, then you also need to be consequent and connect your speakers to the back of the DJ Instinct, as well as headphone to the front connector, as indicated on page 4 of the user manual:

Page 1 / 2