infrared sensor not...

Notifications
Clear all

infrared sensor not working

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi everybody, i buyed a dj control air a week ago and i have a problem that i havent fixed yet: the infrared sensor stops working after about 30 minutes and it doesnt restart to work, even if i unistall and the reinstall the drivers and djuced.

i made a try on three different computers (2 pc and 1 mac) and its always tha same.

the driver and the djuced is updated.

is it possible that the sensor stops working because i havent registered the product?

please help me, the console is not for me but its a gift for my nephew.

Topic starter

Hi Fabio,

The infrared should not stop working.

Why are you saying that it stopped after 30min ?
Do you speak about the DJUCED software ? Or only the infrared Midi control ?

Don't forget to :
1/ Connect the DJ Control Air First
2/ Launche DJUCED.

In that case, DJUCED most not say you are in demo mode for 30 minutes.

If you want to test the infrared sensor, use the following procedure:

Just like the sliders and knobs, the sensor should give a data reading when you run your hand over it.

Also be sure that you are not disabling it in the DJ control panel.

Topic starter

Hi everbody and thanks for the answers

@Victo: only the infrared MIDI control stops, if I run my hand over the sensor the blue lights don’t turn on there is no effect on DJUCED (no modulation on the sound effects)

@DJPhatso: thank you, I will test the sensor soon

I forgot to say an important think: this is the second console that doesn’t run correctly, the sensor was not working also on another console (in the same way), that I brought back to the shop.

Regarding the sensor lights, did you make sure the LED intensity wheel ( at the back of the unit) was not set to minimum ?

Topic starter

Hi,

I got my djair very recently recently. I understand the function of the proximity sensor. The respective LEDs light up as my hand gets closer/ farther from the console surface. So I know the sensor is working.

However my effects parameters (and everything else) remains unchanged as the LEDs light up. The proximity sensor is "on" in the DJAIR control panel (and the LEDs turn off if I turn the sensor "off") but nothing is happening. I have tried this with the effects both on and off.

Any help? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!Yell 

Hello BBQ111,

Have you understood that in Djuced you must keep the finger pushing down on the pad controlling the effect while you move the other hand over the air control ?
It is mentionned in Djuced manuals:
- you can read it in the Getting started manual, here on chapter 7 "Using the Air Control",
- or you can read it in Djuced reference manual, here on part B) 3) b) 4) "Modulating an effect", on page 42.

Topic starter

My sensor is a bit loose I think and I have to push it a bit when it stops working. Then there's a small snap sound and it works.

Topic starter

Hi,

I got my djair very recently recently. I understand the function of the proximity sensor. The respective LEDs light up as my hand gets closer/ farther from the console surface. So I know the sensor is working.

However my effects parameters (and everything else) remains unchanged as the LEDs light up. The proximity sensor is "on" in the DJAIR control panel (and the LEDs turn off if I turn the sensor "off") but nothing is happening. I have tried this with the effects both on and off.

Any help? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!Yell 

I have the exact same problem!Pls help!!