replacement kobs an...

Notifications
Clear all

replacement kobs and faders

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

where can i buy replacement rotary knobs and pitch sliders/faders from, or what are the product/manufacturer codes so i can find then myself??

3 Answers

Hello Matt,

1) Please confirm you look for replacement caps: caps are the buttons on top of the potentiometers and encoders.

2) Do you look
- for the same caps: then, you have  lost or damaged your caps, and you need a Hercules replacement,
- or for caps with a different look: then you want to know the compatible caps?  

3 Answers
Topic starter

@Maxdjack, Yes im looking for the caps, either straight replacements or compatible caps. Im starting to mod my RMX and the caps are my first port of call.

What can you recommend?

3 Answers

Hello Matt,

For straight replacement caps, you may send an email to Hercules tech support to know the cost of replacing the Rmx faders and rotary caps. As the main part of the cost may be the handling, for tuning I suggest you ask for the replacement caps of a complete DJ Console Rmx (18 caps = 10 rotary caps with vertical bar, 2 rotary caps for mic and headphones, 6 fader caps) rather than the cost for 1 cap only.

For compatible parts, I have checked on equipments which caps may fit on Rmx shafts, and I have compatible for fader and rotary caps (except for Rmx mic volume & headphones volume caps).

Control surfaces
- Vestax Spin: the faders & rotary potentiometers caps are compatible with Rmx faders and rotary potentiometers (but Vestax Spin caps are in a cheap white plastic)
- Vestax VCI-100: the fader caps are compatible with Rmx faders (VCI-100 rotary buttons caps are not removable)
- Hercules DJ Console Mk2, Mk4 – DJ Control MP3, MP3 e2 and Steel have compatible caps with Rmx faders and rotary buttons
- Numark Omni Control: fader caps are compatible with Rmx faders (but Omni Control rotary buttons caps are not removable)
- DJ-Tech i-Mix Reload Mk2: faders & rotary potentiometers caps are compatible with Rmx faders and rotary potentiometers.

Turntable
- Technics SL-1200MK2: the pitch fader cap is compatible with Rmx faders (but it is good only for Deck A and Deck B volume faders on Rmx, as the shape of this Technics cap is not good for the cross-fader, and its size makes it hit Rmx push buttons when installed on Rmx pitch fader).

3 Answers
Topic starter

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a way to replace the fader slides (all of them) on my DJconsole RMX. Soldering is not a problem, but i need faders that will fit into the existing hardware. So my question is, where to find replacement parts?

Any help appriciated,
Matija

3 Answers
Topic starter

On the jogvision pro can you replace the cross fader?

3 Answers

Hello,

DJControl Jogvision cross fader is not on a separate printed circuit board so if you want to replace it, you need to unsolder the fader in place and replace it with another fader.
If soldering is no problem for you, then you can replace the cross fader : you should contact Hercules technical support on
https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/

3 Answers
Topic starter

Hello everyone, 

I'd like to replace the jogwheel on my DJ Console RMX, Can I safely pull them off, just like with the knob buttons? 

Thanks 

3 Answers

Hello e-veille,

Definitely not: knobs and faders are caps separate from the shafts, while on jog wheels the shaft is a part of the jog wheel: if you remove the jog wheel, you remove the shaft at the same time. 

3 Answers
Topic starter
Hello everyone.
I think my volume fader in my INPULSE 500 is damaged. I wrote a separate post about this, but maybe here someone as the answer.
Do you know part number or catalogue number of the volume fader so i can order it and repalce it?
3 Answers
Topic starter

hello matt,

1) please confirm you look for replacement caps: caps are the buttons on top of the potentiometers and encoders.

2) do you look
- for the same caps: then, you have  lost or damaged your caps, and you need a hercules replacement,
- or for caps with a different look: then you want to know the compatible caps?  

Topic starter

@maxdjack, yes im looking for the caps, either straight replacements or compatible caps. im starting to mod my rmx and the caps are my first port of call.

what can you recommend?

Topic starter

hello matt,

for straight replacement caps, you may send an email to hercules tech support to know the cost of replacing the rmx faders and rotary caps. as the main part of the cost may be the handling, for tuning i suggest you ask for the replacement caps of a complete dj console rmx (18 caps = 10 rotary caps with vertical bar, 2 rotary caps for mic and headphones, 6 fader caps) rather than the cost for 1 cap only.

for compatible parts, i have checked on equipments which caps may fit on rmx shafts, and i have compatible for fader and rotary caps (except for rmx mic volume & headphones volume caps).

control surfaces
- vestax spin: the faders & rotary potentiometers caps are compatible with rmx faders and rotary potentiometers (but vestax spin caps are in a cheap white plastic)
- vestax vci-100: the fader caps are compatible with rmx faders (vci-100 rotary buttons caps are not removable)
- hercules dj console mk2, mk4 – dj control mp3, mp3 e2 and steel have compatible caps with rmx faders and rotary buttons
- numark omni control: fader caps are compatible with rmx faders (but omni control rotary buttons caps are not removable)
- dj-tech i-mix reload mk2: faders & rotary potentiometers caps are compatible with rmx faders and rotary potentiometers.

turntable
- technics sl-1200mk2: the pitch fader cap is compatible with rmx faders (but it is good only for deck a and deck b volume faders on rmx, as the shape of this technics cap is not good for the cross-fader, and its size makes it hit rmx push buttons when installed on rmx pitch fader).