Notifications
Clear all

driver problems with control mp3

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys!
a year ago i bought my trusty dj control mp3 and it worked brilliantly! however, for xmas i got a new laptop, vista this time, not like xp which my last one was. so i installed the decemeber driver from hercules, but to find that the only time my console works is when i am using it with virtual dj! it doesnt work with deckadance or traktor! πŸ™ there driver software doesnt even recognise it so i cant configure they keys! traktor does see it but it doesnt work! and same for deckadance and it doesnt even liht up! i have disabled the turning off feature on the usb ports so that cant be the problem, well seeing as it does work something in the software must be wrong? :s i have tried many times unistalling, restarting the laptop and then installing again! ahhhh! anyone have any ideas?
thanks!

edit: got it working with deckadance and half working with traktor (just need to set up midi mapping for it). however the hercules driver software still doesnt see it! any new ideas?!

3 Answers
Topic starter

I think that your problem is not necessarily cause from the driver since and if the console is working fine with the virtualdj software and the console is detected in device manager then the problem may be because you are using the traktor 3.0, just update the traktor to 3.3.2 and then the console will be activated in midi interface.

also do not forget about the tks file:P

3 Answers
Topic starter

I have already informed Hercules R&D about this MIDI driver problem on Windows systems, I hope a new driver update coming soon and after this I will do a Traktor MIDI .TSI mapping Fico

@ delis47
With Virtual DJ the console MP3 work fine because it use the Windows API and not MIDI.

3 Answers

This is most probably the cause of your problem:

3 Answers
Topic starter

i think that your problem is not necessarily cause from the driver since and if the console is working fine with the virtualdj software and the console is detected in device manager then the problem may be because you are using the traktor 3.0, just update the traktor to 3.3.2 and then the console will be activated in midi interface.

also do not forget about the tks file:p

Topic starter

i have already informed hercules r&d about this midi driver problem on windows systems, i hope a new driver update coming soon and after this i will do a traktor midi .tsi mapping fico

@ delis47
with virtual dj the console mp3 work fine because it use the windows api and not midi.

Topic starter

this is most probably the cause of your problem: