Notifications
Clear all

no headphone sound with imac.

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello all,

i recently bought the new hercules dj console rmx. at first i had a hard time getting sound to come from the imac, but now that is fixed. however, i can no longer hear the music in my headphones which are connected to the console. i really am confused. if anyone has this console connected to their imac, please share some info. i tried to configure some things through audio/midi folder but nothing happens. i also have the latest install of virtual dj 5.2.1. i hope someone can help. thanks for your time.

*update: i cannot get sound out of my imac speakers, but i have sound from the headphones connected to the console. can anyone giude me through a process to get this fixed? hope to hear from someone, ciao!

2 Answers
Topic starter

Hello Florian,

If you are using VirtualDJ-DJConsole Edition the default sound card used by Virtual DJ is the DJ Console Rmx one.

The DJ Console Rmx has 2 stereo outputs : Output 1-2 and 3-4. The output 1-2 is the "Master channel" and the output 3-4 is the "Headphone channel".

If you want to play your mix in your PC speakers you have can connect the "Output 1-2" of the DJ Console Rmx to the stereo input  "Line in" of you PC.

The output 1-2 (and the output 3-4 also) are RCA stereo outputs (red and white connectors on the back side of the console). To connect them to the line input of your PC which is a stereo jack 3.5 you will need a stereo 3.5mm male to RCA male cable like this:

2 Answers
Topic starter

thanks for replying. but there is something i still do not understand. from my imac, i was able to hear music from the pc speakers at one point when i did some modifcations through the audio/midi section of my imac, but when music came from the pc, there was no sound from the headphones. after i put everything back to default mode, no sound from pc, and sound through headphones.

so if i connect the 3.5mm RCA cable, i should get sound from the pc speaker automatically without touching sound levels from the imac?

2 Answers
Topic starter

hello florian,

if you are using virtualdj-djconsole edition the default sound card used by virtual dj is the dj console rmx one.

the dj console rmx has 2 stereo outputs : output 1-2 and 3-4. the output 1-2 is the "master channel" and the output 3-4 is the "headphone channel".

if you want to play your mix in your pc speakers you have can connect the "output 1-2" of the dj console rmx to the stereo input  "line in" of you pc.

the output 1-2 (and the output 3-4 also) are rca stereo outputs (red and white connectors on the back side of the console). to connect them to the line input of your pc which is a stereo jack 3.5 you will need a stereo 3.5mm male to rca male cable like this:

Topic starter

thanks for replying. but there is something i still do not understand. from my imac, i was able to hear music from the pc speakers at one point when i did some modifcations through the audio/midi section of my imac, but when music came from the pc, there was no sound from the headphones. after i put everything back to default mode, no sound from pc, and sound through headphones.

so if i connect the 3.5mm rca cable, i should get sound from the pc speaker automatically without touching sound levels from the imac?