Notifications
Clear all

connection of music device to rmx

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,

can someone tell to me where i plug a cable from my repro or how i set sound cards setup in vdj 5.2? ive one cinch cable going to subwoofer on r and l and from there, too from l and r channels to repros, but if i plug this cinch to rmx, only one of repros is active.

there is on hercules mkii output decribed as"ouput 1/2"and from that is all good...

and can i use pc sound card for master and rmx sound card for headphones simultaneously?

scheme:

-----------------------> sub input l --> sub output l --> l repro
rmx <---cinch---|

-----------------------> sub input r --> sub output r --> r repro

4 Answers

When you say REPRO, do you mean speaker ?

Just be be sure I understand your configuration correctly:

- Output 1/2 ( RCA red and white connector) from the Rmx is connected to the appropriate input on your speaker system

- Both left and right speakers are connected to their appropriate outputs of your speaker system.

Is that correct?

In Virtual DJ, the Sound Setup should be as follow:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

-Soundcard: DJ Console RMX

In this configuration, the master output is 1/2, and monitoring is done using the dedicated headphone output ( also doubled on output 3/4).

Using this configuration, results should be the same for both Rmx and MK2.

4 Answers
Topic starter

Yes yes, repro = speaker, pardon...

If I understand, so the RCA red output is for example for L speaker and whire for R speaker? There isn't individual output for L & R simultaneously?

4 Answers

If by "L & R simultaneously" you mean a stereo output as it was the case with the mini-jacks on the Mk2, then the answer is no.

All outputs (except for headphone) on the Rmx are mono, for left and right, separately.

If your speaker system only has stereo jack input, you will need to use a "Y" adapter ( 2 Mono input -to- 1 streo output), in order to connect the console to your system.

4 Answers
Topic starter

Ok ok, you help to me very much. Thanks for comprehensive informations and sorry for my amateur english

4 Answers
Topic starter

when you say repro, do you mean speaker ?

just be be sure i understand your configuration correctly:

- output 1/2 ( rca red and white connector) from the rmx is connected to the appropriate input on your speaker system

- both left and right speakers are connected to their appropriate outputs of your speaker system.

is that correct?

in virtual dj, the sound setup should be as follow:

- input : none

- output(s): headphone

-soundcard: dj console rmx

in this configuration, the master output is 1/2, and monitoring is done using the dedicated headphone output ( also doubled on output 3/4).

using this configuration, results should be the same for both rmx and mk2.

Topic starter

yes yes, repro = speaker, pardon...

if i understand, so the rca red output is for example for l speaker and whire for r speaker? there isnt individual output for l & r simultaneously?

Topic starter

if by "l & r simultaneously" you mean a stereo output as it was the case with the mini-jacks on the mk2, then the answer is no.

all outputs (except for headphone) on the rmx are mono, for left and right, separately.

if your speaker system only has stereo jack input, you will need to use a "y" adapter ( 2 mono input -to- 1 streo output), in order to connect the console to your system.

Topic starter

ok ok, you help to me very much. thanks for comprehensive informations and sorry for my amateur english