problem with rmx......

Notifications
Clear all

problem with rmx....alot of static noise in my speakers please help

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i recently purchased a hercules rmx. i installed it to my windows vista 64 laptop succesfully using the new downloads the only problem is that i hear alot of static in my speakers, the speakers and the cables work properly. please help me to get rid of this static problem this is my first dj console and i am very eager to start. pleeeeeeeeeeeease heeeeeeeeelp

3 Answers
Topic starter

That sounds like a ground loop problem.

You could try a Ground loop Isolator

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=33172 or

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062214

depend where you are in the worldLaughing

3 Answers
Topic starter

Im in the u.s, california. I tried the ground loop isolator but it didnt work

3 Answers

oise Hello Mig,

Please precise the conditions in which this noise occurs.

If you hear clicks in the sound playback when you move your mouse, it is not a ground loop issue, it is
- either an issue of CPU overload: then you should make sure you have no CPU intensive task in the background as an antivirus, a wifi connection scanning,
- or an issue of software/driver settings : check you have the last driver (in DJ Console Rmx "About" Pannel, click the drivers should be 3.HDJS.2008 today), if you have VirtualDJ DJC 5, check you have VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.1 (version 5.0.7 was noisier, on some machines), check if you have the same noise when you go in ASIO (if you use VirtualDJ DJC 5, you are in ASIO, but if you use VirtualDJ Pro 5, you can go in WDM, and WDM mode is noisier than ASIO in VirtualDJ 5)
- or an issue of noise in the USB bus power on your USB port: then connect the DJ Console Rmx to a USB hub which has a power plug (since then, you take the USB power from this power adaptor instead of the USB port of your computer.

If you hear a constant hiss noise, it may be that the output level of the Rmx saturates your amplifier input:
- plug your speakers to the RCA output 1-2 instead of the jack output 1-2 since the RCA plugs output level is for consumer audio level while the jack plugs output level is for pro audio,
- if you are connected to an analog mixer, then turn down the gain button on your external mixer.

If you hear noises only when you touch the DJ Console Rmx (not necessary when you move a slider or turn a potentiometer), then it may be a ground loop issue, but if you have not this issue with a ground loop isolator, it may be a difference of potential between the different devices you touch which means if you connect your computer on the same power plug as the other device you touch at the same time (amplifier, active speaker, mixer), then the noise should disappear.

3 Answers
Topic starter

that sounds like a ground loop problem.

you could try a ground loop isolator

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=33172 or

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productid=2062214

depend where you are in the worldlaughing

Topic starter

im in the u.s, california. i tried the ground loop isolator but it didnt work

Topic starter

oise hello mig,

please precise the conditions in which this noise occurs.

if you hear clicks in the sound playback when you move your mouse, it is not a ground loop issue, it is
- either an issue of cpu overload: then you should make sure you have no cpu intensive task in the background as an antivirus, a wifi connection scanning,
- or an issue of software/driver settings : check you have the last driver (in dj console rmx "about" pannel, click the drivers should be 3.hdjs.2008 today), if you have virtualdj djc 5, check you have virtualdj djc 5.2.1 (version 5.0.7 was noisier, on some machines), check if you have the same noise when you go in asio (if you use virtualdj djc 5, you are in asio, but if you use virtualdj pro 5, you can go in wdm, and wdm mode is noisier than asio in virtualdj 5)
- or an issue of noise in the usb bus power on your usb port: then connect the dj console rmx to a usb hub which has a power plug (since then, you take the usb power from this power adaptor instead of the usb port of your computer.

if you hear a constant hiss noise, it may be that the output level of the rmx saturates your amplifier input:
- plug your speakers to the rca output 1-2 instead of the jack output 1-2 since the rca plugs output level is for consumer audio level while the jack plugs output level is for pro audio,
- if you are connected to an analog mixer, then turn down the gain button on your external mixer.

if you hear noises only when you touch the dj console rmx (not necessary when you move a slider or turn a potentiometer), then it may be a ground loop issue, but if you have not this issue with a ground loop isolator, it may be a difference of potential between the different devices you touch which means if you connect your computer on the same power plug as the other device you touch at the same time (amplifier, active speaker, mixer), then the noise should disappear.