rmx + external mixe...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx + external mixer

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello, is it possible to use an external mixer with the rmx?
i like the feel of my ecler mixer better but still wanna use the rmx to control the software, etc. 

3 Answers

Hello,

Yes, you can use an external mixer with the Rmx since the Rmx has a 4-channel output, so you can assign
- DJ Console Rmx output 1-2 to the left deck
- DJ Console Rmx output 3-4 to the right deck
and plug your microphone and headphones into your Eclerc Mixer instead of connecting them to your DJ Console Rmx.

This split function of the audio output is not available in the bundled software VirtualDJ DJC 5, but you can split the audio in VirtualDJ Pro 5 or in Traktor DJ Studio 3.

3 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks I will try that.
Is there any settings I have to change in the VDJ Pro software settings? 

3 Answers

To mix on an external mixer with Dj Console Rmx:
- open VirtualDJ Pro Config panel
- go to the "Sound setup" tab, and change the "Outputs" setting on "External Mixer"
- go to the "Performances" tab and make sure the Sound Card setting is not set on "safe mode"
and it should be OK.

3 Answers
Topic starter

hello,

yes, you can use an external mixer with the rmx since the rmx has a 4-channel output, so you can assign
- dj console rmx output 1-2 to the left deck
- dj console rmx output 3-4 to the right deck
and plug your microphone and headphones into your eclerc mixer instead of connecting them to your dj console rmx.

this split function of the audio output is not available in the bundled software virtualdj djc 5, but you can split the audio in virtualdj pro 5 or in traktor dj studio 3.

Topic starter

thanks i will try that.
is there any settings i have to change in the vdj pro software settings? 

Topic starter

to mix on an external mixer with dj console rmx:
- open virtualdj pro config panel
- go to the "sound setup" tab, and change the "outputs" setting on "external mixer"
- go to the "performances" tab and make sure the sound card setting is not set on "safe mode"
and it should be ok.