having trouble usin...

Notifications
Clear all

having trouble using headphones

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i cannot use my headphones to listen to the song i want to mix.  i went through the forum for previous posts but nothing helped.  any help would be appreciated

7 Answers

Hello dj_doughboy,

Please give more information on your problem.
- What is your DJ Controller? (coimplete name: don't say it is a DJ Console, say if it is a DJ Console MK1, MK2 or Rmx) 
- What is your operating system? (complete version: for example Windows XP SP2)
- What is the DJ software you use? (complete name and version, for example VirtualDJ DJC 5.0.7)
- Where do you connect your headphones?
- What is the model of your headphones (brand and model name)?
- What do you get in your headphones: no sound, another sound than what you look, a bad sound level....?
- What do you want to get in your headphones: the preview, the mix?

7 Answers
Topic starter

Sorry about that.  I am using Dj console RMX, running windows vista, Virtual dj 5.2.1 Pro, I have tried both headphone ports on the RMX, I have Koss Pro 4 AA Titanium, I am getting no sound, and I want to hear the Preview at least but being able to hear both would be preferable.

Thanks

7 Answers
Topic starter

try setting the outputs to headphones in virtual dj 😀

7 Answers

Hello dj_doughboy,

I get the preview in the headphones plugged on DJ Console Rmx with VirtualDJ Pro 5.2.1 in the following setup
1 - Set DJ Console Rmx in ASIO
2 - Launch VirtualDJ Pro 5.2.1
3 - In Sound Setup, set DJ Console Rmx as sound card, with the output channels set as Master: Ch 1&2 / Headphones: Ch 3&4

Take care you don't let a jack 1/4 to 1/8 adapter plugged useless in the headphones plug on the top surface: it would cut the sound playback from the headphones plug on the front panel.

7 Answers
Topic starter

hi . i have just bought hercules mk2 dj control. i couldnt preview the other deck through headphone so have bought the hercules audio adapter 5 channel output as recommended in hercules instructions. i am still gettin no preview through headphones . All i get is it coming through speakers over the top of whats playing. can anyone help please

many thanks

7 Answers

Hi Natpad,

Please precise:
- which DJ gear you have: is it DJ Console Mk2 or DJ Control MP3?
- which Hercules DJ Console series drivers you have installed?
- which audio card you have: is it Muse Pocket Lt (USB) or Muse 5.1 (PCI)?
- what is your operating system: is it Mac OS 10.4, Mac OS 10.5, Windows XP or Windows Vista?
- what "All i get is it coming through speakers over the top of whats playing." means ?

7 Answers
Topic starter

I couldn't hear sound coming out of the headphones until I enabled ASIO. Using WDM the headphones did not work.

7 Answers
Topic starter

hello dj_doughboy,

please give more information on your problem.
- what is your dj controller? (coimplete name: dont say it is a dj console, say if it is a dj console mk1, mk2 or rmx) 
- what is your operating system? (complete version: for example windows xp sp2)
- what is the dj software you use? (complete name and version, for example virtualdj djc 5.0.7)
- where do you connect your headphones?
- what is the model of your headphones (brand and model name)?
- what do you get in your headphones: no sound, another sound than what you look, a bad sound level....?
- what do you want to get in your headphones: the preview, the mix?

Topic starter

sorry about that.  i am using dj console rmx, running windows vista, virtual dj 5.2.1 pro, i have tried both headphone ports on the rmx, i have koss pro 4 aa titanium, i am getting no sound, and i want to hear the preview at least but being able to hear both would be preferable.

thanks

Topic starter

try setting the outputs to headphones in virtual dj :d

Topic starter

hello dj_doughboy,

i get the preview in the headphones plugged on dj console rmx with virtualdj pro 5.2.1 in the following setup
1 - set dj console rmx in asio
2 - launch virtualdj pro 5.2.1
3 - in sound setup, set dj console rmx as sound card, with the output channels set as master: ch 1&2 / headphones: ch 3&4

take care you dont let a jack 1/4 to 1/8 adapter plugged useless in the headphones plug on the top surface: it would cut the sound playback from the headphones plug on the front panel.

Topic starter

hi . i have just bought hercules mk2 dj control. i couldnt preview the other deck through headphone so have bought the hercules audio adapter 5 channel output as recommended in hercules instructions. i am still gettin no preview through headphones . all i get is it coming through speakers over the top of whats playing. can anyone help please

many thanks

Topic starter

hi natpad,

please precise:
- which dj gear you have: is it dj console mk2 or dj control mp3?
- which hercules dj console series drivers you have installed?
- which audio card you have: is it muse pocket lt (usb) or muse 5.1 (pci)?
- what is your operating system: is it mac os 10.4, mac os 10.5, windows xp or windows vista?
- what "all i get is it coming through speakers over the top of whats playing." means ?

Topic starter

i couldnt hear sound coming out of the headphones until i enabled asio. using wdm the headphones did not work.