mapping rmx buttons

Notifications
Clear all

mapping rmx buttons

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

can someone tell me how i can remap the 1-6 effects buttons on the rmx in virtual dj?  i want the buttons to control cue points and hot cues, or samples.  it should be do-able?

2 Answers

Hello Dub Session,

1) You can change the default map on the buttons 1 to 6 in VirtualDJ DJC 5 by:
- clicking with your mice on the down arrow drawn in VirtualDJ DJC skin close to each button
- choosing the effect you want in the function list.
This process is explained in VirtualDJ DJC 5 user manual, you can download it on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/manuals/VDJ5/VDJ_5_DJC_Edition_Manual_1_0_English.pdf.

2) The sampler mode works as follow:
- map a Sampler Rec function on one button: when you push on it, you record a 4-beat sample of the music
- map a Sampler Play function on another button: when you push on it, you play in loop the 4-beat sample.
If you want to record a sample of another length than 4 beats, you must enter in loop mode, and then the Sampler Rec function records the loop as sample.
This process is also explained in VirtualDJ DJC 5 user manual, on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/manuals/VDJ5/VDJ_5_DJC_Edition_Manual_1_0_English.pdf.

3) You must update VirtualDJ DJC to VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.1 (free update on http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html once you have registered on VirtualDJ website with your personal VirtualDJ DJC 5 serial number) to add the hot cue functions on the buttons 1 to 6.

2 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks, I'll try that..

2 Answers
Topic starter

hello dub session,

1) you can change the default map on the buttons 1 to 6 in virtualdj djc 5 by:
- clicking with your mice on the down arrow drawn in virtualdj djc skin close to each button
- choosing the effect you want in the function list.
this process is explained in virtualdj djc 5 user manual, you can download it on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/manuals/vdj5/vdj_5_djc_edition_manual_1_0_english.pdf.

2) the sampler mode works as follow:
- map a sampler rec function on one button: when you push on it, you record a 4-beat sample of the music
- map a sampler play function on another button: when you push on it, you play in loop the 4-beat sample.
if you want to record a sample of another length than 4 beats, you must enter in loop mode, and then the sampler rec function records the loop as sample.
this process is also explained in virtualdj djc 5 user manual, on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/manuals/vdj5/vdj_5_djc_edition_manual_1_0_english.pdf.

3) you must update virtualdj djc to virtualdj djc 5.2.1 (free update on http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html once you have registered on virtualdj website with your personal virtualdj djc 5 serial number) to add the hot cue functions on the buttons 1 to 6.

Topic starter

thanks, ill try that..