Notifications
Clear all

help with rmx

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

really bad experience last night!!! dance floor was pack i push one of the effects button for the first time during the night and the music stop virtual dj did not response any more. very embracing,  i restarted vdj and no more problems after that. any body had this problem before????? another things on my asio setting i have to set the sampler rate to 48000hz 16-bit and about 21s buffer size if i lower my sampler rate to 44100 hz i get distorted audio please help. what is the best setting to use on the rmx and the vdj?

thanks,

4 Answers

First of all , make sure you are using the latest drivers and update for Virtual DJ , as issues are constantly corrected.

Secondly, could you be a bit more specific about your computer configuration ?

On a fairly recent system with a good amount of memory, you should be able to use a buffer size of about 10 ms. If you can't get lower than 21, some changes might be necessary.  

4 Answers

Hello VJ Alberto,

1) For the bug of VirtualDJ stopping playback and not responding anymore, it looks like if your USB port was disconnected, so

- if you moved the USB cable, which may have disconnected the USB, then you should tape the USB cable to the USB connector where you think it was disconnected (either on the rear of the DJ Console Rmx, or on the laptop, depending on which part of the cable was likely to move when you mixed): on my DJ Console Mk2, when mixing close to the dance floor, I taped the USB cable to the console to prevent this issue

- if you are sure you didn't move the USB cable, then it is likely the USB bus power on your laptop has gone below the required level, then you should connect between your laptop USB port and your DJ Console Rmx a powered USB hub (which has its own power adaptor).

2) For the issues of latency, please update your DJ Console Rmx driver with the last driver, currently 2008_HDJS_2 package, which you can download on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/2008_HDJS_2.exe

4 Answers
Topic starter

DJ Phatso, 

I have the latest drivers installed on my computer from VDJ 5.2.1 and the 2008 HDJS 2 Package. I'm using a two weeks old Mac Book Pro with Intel Dual Core 2.5GH and 2GB of memory. I don't think is a computer issue this computer should be able to handle VDJ and the RMX. I had to use Boot Camp with XP Pro SVP-2 because a lot of the plug-in I use are not available on the VDJ Mac version.

Maxdjack, 

I'm going to try to use a USB bus power. The cable was not disconnected because I was able to re-start VDJ and it work right away it sounds more like power issue. 

Thank you guys for your reply. 

PS: Any Ideas on the setting issue I am having??

4 Answers

VJ Alberto,

1) On a MacBook Pro, do you connect the DJ Console Rmx to the USB plug on left the closest to the MacBook rear panel?
It is often considered this USB port is the best powered on MacBooks.

2) In Windows XP SP2, check the system doesn't automatically cut the power on the USB ports.
- Click Start, click Settings, click Control Panel, and then click System.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click the Device Manager button.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Click on the first USB Root Hub
- Click the Power Management tab.
- Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK
so that Windows XP won't cut the power on the USB port.

4 Answers
Topic starter

first of all , make sure you are using the latest drivers and update for virtual dj , as issues are constantly corrected.

secondly, could you be a bit more specific about your computer configuration ?

on a fairly recent system with a good amount of memory, you should be able to use a buffer size of about 10 ms. if you cant get lower than 21, some changes might be necessary.  

Topic starter

hello vj alberto,

1) for the bug of virtualdj stopping playback and not responding anymore, it looks like if your usb port was disconnected, so

- if you moved the usb cable, which may have disconnected the usb, then you should tape the usb cable to the usb connector where you think it was disconnected (either on the rear of the dj console rmx, or on the laptop, depending on which part of the cable was likely to move when you mixed): on my dj console mk2, when mixing close to the dance floor, i taped the usb cable to the console to prevent this issue

- if you are sure you didnt move the usb cable, then it is likely the usb bus power on your laptop has gone below the required level, then you should connect between your laptop usb port and your dj console rmx a powered usb hub (which has its own power adaptor).

2) for the issues of latency, please update your dj console rmx driver with the last driver, currently 2008_hdjs_2 package, which you can download on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/djcseries/2008_hdjs_2.exe

Topic starter

dj phatso, 

i have the latest drivers installed on my computer from vdj 5.2.1 and the 2008 hdjs 2 package. im using a two weeks old mac book pro with intel dual core 2.5gh and 2gb of memory. i dont think is a computer issue this computer should be able to handle vdj and the rmx. i had to use boot camp with xp pro svp-2 because a lot of the plug-in i use are not available on the vdj mac version.

maxdjack, 

im going to try to use a usb bus power. the cable was not disconnected because i was able to re-start vdj and it work right away it sounds more like power issue. 

thank you guys for your reply. 

ps: any ideas on the setting issue i am having??

Topic starter

vj alberto,

1) on a macbook pro, do you connect the dj console rmx to the usb plug on left the closest to the macbook rear panel?
it is often considered this usb port is the best powered on macbooks.

2) in windows xp sp2, check the system doesnt automatically cut the power on the usb ports.
- click start, click settings, click control panel, and then click system.
- click the hardware tab.
- click the device manager button.
- expand universal serial bus controllers.
- click on the first usb root hub
- click the power management tab.
- click to clear the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click ok
so that windows xp wont cut the power on the usb port.