Notifications
Clear all

probs with the rmx console

46 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi

i have some problems with the rmx, could somebody plz help me out?

during a long set the sound of the music is a bit disturbed when a track is loading on the other deck
but i use a recently bought notebook, so that shouldnt be the problem normally.

an other problem im having is when i press the search-button for too long, it gets stuck and it keeps on fastforwarding 
in the song, so i cant use this deck anymore, i have to shut down everything before i can use it again.

are these things normal and do the same things happen with every rmx?
or what can i do?

thanks for the help and take care

t3tra

23 Answers

Hello T3tra,

1) For the bug you met when pressing the search-button for long, the function getting stuck in fastforward action, this bug was in VirtualDJ DJC 5.0.7, it is corrected since release 5.1 so you should download last revision of VirtualDJ DJC on VirtualDJ website.
The last version is VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.1 : it can be downloaded for free on http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html by registering on VirtualDJ website with you serial number.

2) For the bug of a long track playback being slightly disturbed by the loading another music on the other deck, I have not met this bug, so please check first if you still get this audio issue with VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.1 and let me know if this bug is still there or has disappeared.

23 Answers
Topic starter

And for the Sound distorting, you may have your gains turn up abit to far, over half way and you find it will distort (another bug with the RMX).

23 Answers

Hello Jimmy B,

Please download and test VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.1: you will find the gain setting is significantly better on this version than on VirtualDJ DJC 5.0.7.

23 Answers
Topic starter

I am using the Pro version 5.2.1 and the lastest RMX driver package.

I have no problem with the gains now, but alot of VirtualDJ users have.

23 Answers
Topic starter

(i have this problem (gain thing) since i updated the hercules drivers (and the firmware) ... How can i solve this ? (RMX + VJ 5.2 pro))

23 Answers

Hello Li000,

1) What is your operating system: Mac or Windows (and which version: for example Windows XP Service Pack 2)?

2) Please detail your problem.
- Have you an issue with the audio quality when you turn the gain button on DJ Console Rmx?
- Is this problem the same whether you play and MP3 file or if you enter an external audio source?
- If it happens only with an external audio source, which audio source is it?

23 Answers
Topic starter

Hi mate !

Thanks for your answer; here are my configuration :

- Hercules RMX
- Windows XP SP2 (freshly installed)
- I haven't any audio source, only playing with MP3's ...
- There isn't any issue when i turn the gain (that just become more noisy when i increase it, as it does usualy)

The sound seems to be more "noisy", we call this "saturation" in french ... It's like if the gain was hell too high ... but it's defaut (negative number, most of the time)

EDIT : it makes some bad noise when i turn my Bass / Medium / Treble buttons (and also when i turne the gain button, u were right)

I tried to uninstall the new drivers and reinstall the old ones (and the old firmware) but the same problem is still happening... Please mates, help me =(

EDIT2 : the problem seems to come from Virtual DJ and not the RMX console, but I am not sure... Can anyone help me ?

23 Answers

Hello Li000,

Please change the following settings in VirtualDJ Pro 5.2, click on VirtualDJ Pro "Config" button

1) disable the Safe Mode,
- go to the "Performances" tab,
- in the "Sound Card" area, switch off the "Safe Mode" option

2) disable the auto-gain:
- go to the "Options" tab,
- set the "Auto-gain" option to "Disabled".
and let me know if it changes the noise issue.

3) Have you the same issue with VirtualDJ DJC5.2.1?

PS: As you write posts in french on VirtualDJ forum, you can also post your messages in french on Hercules DJ Mix Room forum french pages.Wink

23 Answers
Topic starter

I just did and it removed the buttons noises (bass medium treble & gain) ! Thanks for the tip! But the sound is still "saturate" (that makes a groovy noise (bad one) like if the gain was hell too high) ... And it wasn't before i formated

23 Answers

Hello Li000,

Have you no better results with the disabling of the Autogain ?

23 Answers
Topic starter

Hi MaxDjack ! And Thanks for helping me =( i felt a bit alone ^^

I think that's better without the auto gain but i believe (can't be 100% sure) that it's not as good as it used to be before i formated...

And why should i remove safe mode & auto gain NOW if i didn't do it before i formated ? (i think they wasn't disabled but I can't be sure)

Thanks mate ! Hope we can fix this ^^

23 Answers
Topic starter

no that didn't work =( and some things have changed since before i formated :

- the sound in my headphones is ugly too
- when I turn the bass / treble / medium buttons; it also change in pre-listening (i mean in my headphones)
- I tested this on a second laptop (same hercules drivers and same VDJ Version) and i got the same issue...

Can the rmx have a hardware problem ? or can i be sure it's a software / computer problem ? (i hope it's a computer problem, don't wanna change my rmx)

23 Answers

Hello Li000,

To make sure it is a software issue, you can install Traktor 3.3 or 3.4 DJ Studio demo (free demo downloadable on http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=traktor33&L=1 ) with the Traktor DJ Studio 3.3 tks preset file ( http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=5 ) and check if you have this sound issue with Traktor DJ Studio demo also.

23 Answers
Topic starter

I tested with Traktor (and also with ASIO mode on Virtual DJ) and the sound seems to be better... (also in the headphones) but the volume is lower than it used to be (and i can't get it high enough)
... But why is the sound ugly with WDM ? It was good before I formated =/

🙁

23 Answers

Hello Li000,

I have read you have received some suggestions on the french forum, does it change anything?

Did you update your Windows Media Player version when you formated your computer?
As VirtualDj uses codecs installed by Windows Media Player, if you have changed a codec, it may change the sound.

23 Answers
Topic starter

No, it didn't realy help me ... And the hercules support didn't tell me anything new =(

i guess i didn't use the same version... can you tell me where to get the best codec then ?

23 Answers

Hello Li000,

The point is that as long we cannot reproduce the issue you meet, we cannot be sure of the issue you have met ((I have not heard this problem either).

1) If everything was OK on your PC before you formatted it, you can try to completely uninstall VirtualDJ
-Start button > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and remove VirtualDJ
- delete also the VirtualDJ directory in your Documents directory (Documents and Settings\User\My documents): of course, you should make a copy of VirtualDJ Database v5.xml otherwise you lose your music library BPM analysis and Cue points

2) Then re-install the first VirtualDJ version you got (I suppose it was VirtualDJ DJC 5.0.7) and test if the sound quality is OK
3) If the sound quality is OK, install afterwards the first version of VirtualDJ Pro you got and test it
and so on, to check if the bug is in a VirtualDJ version or in a codec.

I don't understand the volume issue in ASIO:
- do you mean the headphones level is too low (there is a preamplifier, so I fail to understand),
- or do you mean the sound is too low in the speakers output,
- and can you test if the 2 gain buttons don't solve the volume issue?

23 Answers
Topic starter

i mean that in ASIO mode, the sound isnt as high as it was in WDM... (on the speakers, not the headphone)... (not as "punchy" as it used to be...)... And both in ASIO & WDM the sound is realy ugly :/

I checked the gain buttons, but it doesnt fix anything... I tested with both VDJ version but that doesnt change anything... What codecs should i install ?

23 Answers

Hello Li000,

How is the audio quality is your computer sound card in WDM?
If it is OK, it is not a codec issue.

23 Answers
Topic starter

it's weaker than in ASIO, tough

23 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Li000

I see you are using the VirtualDJ 5.2

What are your Performance settings in the Performance tab of VirtualDJ config.

23 Answers
Topic starter

Also there are 2 options in Option tab of VirtualDJ you could look at.

Auto Gain, try using Auto+Remember

EQ Reset on Load, try Enable.

I have both options set like this.

23 Answers
Topic starter

i tried the auto gain thing but it didnt change anything... And i don't realy want my EQ to be reseted 🙁

23 Answers
Page 1 / 4