rmx vs controller s...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx vs controller steel

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i just read news, wether its new or not, about the hercules new release of the dj controller steel.
apparently its almost identical in looks plus or minus some knobs.

i just ordered online a hercules rmx for 349 no tax or shipping.

the controller steel is suppose to be sold for 300.00 late this month,october, or in november.

leaves me to think.
whats the difference between the two, am i better off just waiting. i do have to admit the color scheme on the steel looks badass.

someone give me info. not really up on internet. thought id search for help here.

thanx   art

5 Answers
Topic starter

I think artstar, the only big difference is that the Steel does not come with a built in soundcard, like the RMX does.

This means you can add whatever soundcard to your set up. Some guys like it that way.

Hope that helps.

5 Answers

Hello artstar111,

The main difference is that
- DJ Control Steel is a DJ mix control surface without an integrated audio interface
- DJ Console Rmx is a DJ mix control surface with an integrated audio interface.

Operations you can perform on DJ Console Rmx integrated audio may require an additionnal audio interface if you want to perform them DJ Control Steel:
- 4-output channels: you need a 4-channel sound card with a stereo headphones preamplifier to monitor on 1 stereo output and play the mix on another stereo output.
- 4-channel inputs with phono / line switch: you need an audio interface with 4-channel inputs to mix 2 external audio sources with your MP3 files
- microphone input with talk-over function: you need a sound card with this function, or you need an external mixer to talk over the music
- -10dBv / +4 dBu output level: you need a sound card with +4dBu output to connect your sound card on public address amplifiers.

5 Answers
Topic starter

artstar111, if you do not want to spend your money on sound cards i think you made the right choice... if you like the colore scheme of the console steel you can paint your rmx 😀

5 Answers
Topic starter

thank both of you so much. i would of never caught that little "with" or "without"
awesome, since i bought the hercules rmx for pc djing on my laptop im really glad i bought the rmx then.
it seems to make things much easier too.

i still think the STEEL looks cooler though, ill probably have to mod or paint it somehow without ruining it.
they dont sell skins for it do they?
ah well.

thank both of you so much!

5 Answers
Topic starter

Here the translation Italian-English of my first review of Hercules Steel Risatona

http://translate.google.it/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitaljockey.it%2Fdij%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26task%3Dview%26id%3D396%26Itemid%3D56&sl=it&tl=en&hl=it&ie=UTF-8

5 Answers
Topic starter

i think artstar, the only big difference is that the steel does not come with a built in soundcard, like the rmx does.

this means you can add whatever soundcard to your set up. some guys like it that way.

hope that helps.

Topic starter

hello artstar111,

the main difference is that
- dj control steel is a dj mix control surface without an integrated audio interface
- dj console rmx is a dj mix control surface with an integrated audio interface.

operations you can perform on dj console rmx integrated audio may require an additionnal audio interface if you want to perform them dj control steel:
- 4-output channels: you need a 4-channel sound card with a stereo headphones preamplifier to monitor on 1 stereo output and play the mix on another stereo output.
- 4-channel inputs with phono / line switch: you need an audio interface with 4-channel inputs to mix 2 external audio sources with your mp3 files
- microphone input with talk-over function: you need a sound card with this function, or you need an external mixer to talk over the music
- -10dbv / +4 dbu output level: you need a sound card with +4dbu output to connect your sound card on public address amplifiers.

Topic starter

artstar111, if you do not want to spend your money on sound cards i think you made the right choice... if you like the colore scheme of the console steel you can paint your rmx :d

Topic starter

thank both of you so much. i would of never caught that little "with" or "without"
awesome, since i bought the hercules rmx for pc djing on my laptop im really glad i bought the rmx then.
it seems to make things much easier too.

i still think the steel looks cooler though, ill probably have to mod or paint it somehow without ruining it.
they dont sell skins for it do they?
ah well.

thank both of you so much!

Topic starter

here the translation italian-english of my first review of hercules steel risatona

http://translate.google.it/translate?u=http%3a%2f%2fwww.digitaljockey.it%2fdij%2findex.php%3foption%3dcom_content%26task%3dview%26id%3d396%26itemid%3d56&sl=it&tl=en&hl=it&ie=utf-8