Clear all

analog controls problem

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there,
i need some help.
i borrowed my brothers hercules dj control instinct.
it worked well for a couple of days, but for some reason it starts been detected as something_bootloader.
after a research on this forum ive manage to update the firmware and it starts to work again but...
my analog controls (crossfader, volume, high, low and mid controls) doesnt work.
i can see on djuced (and other apps) that the other buttons sends a midi commands, but the analogs does not. 
can it be a firmware problem?
if so, there is any way to downgrade de firmware

Hello RB,

Welcome to the forum. 

1) Please use Chrome (or a Chrome based) browser to go on https://www.midimonitor.com  and then test in MIDI monitor whether DJControl Instinct analog controls send MIDI commands or not.

2) If Midimonitor.com sees the analog controls actually send MIDI controls (CC), please open Hercules DJ control panel, go to the advanced tab, and check if the MIDI channel is the channel 1 as most DJ software expect.

3) When you post a message on a technical issue, you should complete your profile with the entire technical information on your computer and configuration in My Space > My Profile.

Reporting technical issues without completing your technical profile is wasting time
- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select DJControl Instinct
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software, Djuced and the other mysterious DJ apps  
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1...)
  • Environment (for examples Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.3.2)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2021_HDJS_1)
Topic starter

Hi.
1) No midi commands from the analog controls Frown. Not in  https://www.midimonitor.com  neither in midi view app or Djudes midi status indicator. 

3) You're right. Sorry about that. Done. 

Hi,

1) Please open the Hercules DJ Control Panel, go to the About tab, and check the version of firmware?

I am not sure your issue is related to the firmware version, it may also be something else. 

2) No, I do not see your profile as completed: maybe you did not click on the button "Submit" to send the profile to the web server. 
It is needed to know your version of driver and operating system to understand what occurs on your PC.

3) Is another MIDI device connected to the computer at the same time?
If yes, can you check if unplugging this/these other MIDI device(s) changes anything? 

Topic starter

No other MIDI device is connected

- Package: 1.HDJS.2021
- Firmware: 1.0.0.21
- Driver: 7.0.4.0

- I've tryed a 3 different computers so far, but with the same result. Frown

- Every time that i connect the usb cable with the "folder" and "files" button pressed, it Brings the firmwere updater (4.6.0) saying: 
"Your DJControl Instinct contains an old firmware version that needs to be updated"
- I then click OK, it flashes successfully. After that if i repeat the proccess it keeps saying that my device contains an old firmware -and if i continue to do this the cycle keeps repeating. 

Hello RB,

1) Indeed, the firmware is not the last one.

2) Please STOP connecting the controller while pushing down the Folder and Files buttons: each time you do it, you may damage your DJ controller (I suppose one these boot process probably decalibrated the analog controls).
Doing it once to upgrade the firmware makes sense, but if this process did not work, you should not repeat it on this computer as it is dangerous and it makes no sense, the computer will not change its mind as it is a machine, not a person.
So pleases forget this process.

3) I do not remember the process to calibrate a DJControl Instinct, so I have to check if someone remembers how it was done at the time of this controller.
There is another process to update the firmware than the process you repeated, but before I write it, please promise you will run it only once (do not repeat firmware operations) and you will do it on another computer (whatever the reason for which the first computer has decalibrated the analog controls : it may be because of a too USB bus power or because of an antivirus), as you must not run a firmware updater on this computer.

Topic starter

Ok i will try it just Once and on another computer.
I can try on win 7 if i must.

Hello RB,

Thanks.

A Windows 7 PC may be used to recalibrate the analog controls, I have asked to the developpers to get the calibration program for it.

Have you access to another PC than these 2:
- PC1: Windows 10 PC which erased the analog controls calibration in a former bootloader session
- PC2: The Windows 7 PC which you may use to recalibrate the controls?  

Topic starter

Hi there,
Im'a computer technician, so i have plenty of computers and Operating Systems. Laughing

So i will wait for your reply. 

Thanks in advance

Hi RB,

Can you try the following process, on another PC in Windows 10 that the one where your DJControl Instinct lost its analog controls:

• Install the last Hercules driver package 2021.HDJS.1 
  • Click on Windows > Run
  • In the run field, type, on 1 line, with the "
  • "C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe" -manual
  • click on OK

• If the firmware updater displays DJ Control Instinct in the "Info" field on top left, we have a chance to success.
  • Check the field "Flash" of of the line labelled "Audio" (I do not know if the current column will display, 0 or 21, but I suppose the available column will display 21)
  • Click on update.
  • and follow the instructions on the screen.
At the end of the firmware update, if it works, please check if the analog controls send the MIDI command or not.
Topic starter

OK, thanks. Smile
I Will try it when i get home, after that i will let you know.

Topic starter

Hello again.
It doesn't work.
The updater shows that the device firmware is 21 and the available is also 21. When i press the update button it says "The device already contains this firmware" Cry 

Hello,

OK, I have sent you an invitation on 
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends/

Please accept it so that I can send you via the private messaging area an older firmware and I hope the firmware updater will accept to flash an older firmware.