Notifications
Clear all

no power when plugged in

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

when i plug my hercules universal dj console into my laptop or into an actual plug it wont turn on ive used a couple times before and it worked completley fine however, i lost the lead that came with it so have tried multiple different leads and it is now not turning on.

would really appreciate it if i could get some assistance on this 

Hello,

You meet a problem with a computer peripheral, so as long as you do not describe precisely your computer, nobody may guess what is your computer, your USB cable, your USB connection, and the DJ Console series drivers installed in you computer: so if you cannot disclose this basic technical information, you cannot get assistance on a technical forum.

Please complete your technical information in My Space > My Profile.
- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select Universal DJ
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port (USB 2, USB 3, USB-C / direct connection of through a USB hub, and if yes, what is the power adapter of this USB hub)
  • Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.1.3)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2020_HDJS_1)

And you change the USB cable, please describe precisely the new USB cable, you should use a USB 2.0 cable, not too long (for example 3 feet), with USB type A male to USB type B male connectors, and with a thick cable as it is the guarantee of the best quality.

And as the terms of use of the forum ask you not to post repeated messages, your other message will be deleted: posting twice is forbidden on any forum as it makes it more complicated if the technical information is not gathered in 1 discussion. 

Topic starter

Hello,

I have now completed my profile with the relevant information. Would it be possible to get any assistance based on the information in my previous message and on my profile 🙂

much appreciation 

Super, thanks,

Please run Hercules control panel, and go to the About panel if the control panel works
let me know what you see as firmware version:

Topic starter

Hi,

This may be a stupid question but how do i run run Hercules control panel?

Hello,

No, it is not a stupid question.

If you have installed Hercules DJ drivers, in the notification area, on the bottom right of Windows task bar, there is a Hercules DJ icon, either you see it all the time or you may see it whan you develop the notification area.
It is either the black one

or the older one

Topic starter

Hiya,
i have the icon in the bottom right hand corner of my screen however it has a cross by it and does not let me open it

Hello,

So the computer does not detect the controller.
Can you find an USB hub with a power adapter to try to connect the Universal DJ controller to the USB hub and the USB hub to the computer?

Topic starter

Hi,
I have found one however, it does not seem to make a difference my laptop still does not detect it and i still have no power to my controller i have tried on multiple laptops to see if it was a problem, with the connection between my laptop and contoller however, i am still experiend=cing the same problem 🙁

Hello,

Sorry for it.

Did the issue occur when you changed the USB cable or had you met this issue before?

I know Universal DJ is not detected if the USB cable is not isolated enough (its diameter must be 5mm/0"2).
If you think it happened only after you replaced the USB cable, and you do not find adequate USB cable, you may contact Hercules after-sale service on  https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/  as they sell a replacement cable, but several other USB cables work (it is not a proprietary USB cable, it is just a well shielded cable).

If you can wait for another 2 days, I can get a Universal DJ unit on wednesday 19th and test it with 4 different Lindy USB 2 cables (USB type A to type B) I have @ home (reference 36672, 41922, 41742, 31694)
If these cables work for me, it will not prove they work on your PC, as I am not sure the USB cable is causing your issue, but it will provide alternate USB cables.

Hello Bethlear,

I got today the Universal DJ and I have tested it with the 4 USB cables previously mentionned (Lindy USB 2 cables reference 36672, 41922, 41742, 31694) and indeed, the Universal DJ worked OK with the 4 cables both on a mac computer (Macbook Air from 2015) and a Windows computer (Desktop PC Dell Optiplex 5050 with USB 3.1 ports) and Universal DJ works on both computers with any of these 4 USB cables (1m long).

3 of them are no longer sold, but the model 36672 is still sold in the UK
( https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-36672-Type-Cable-Anthra/dp/B07FW6W8NZ/

Topic starter

hi i think it may be an issue with my controller as i have now found the original controller that came with it and it still is not working 

Hello, 
The question is a bit obvious but can you confirm Universal DJ Mode switch is on Blue (laptop) or on orange (multi-screen)?
It must not be on Green (Tablet).