problem inpulse 500...

Notifications
Clear all

problem inpulse 500 mode vinyl

16 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

well, i have the following problem and that is that the vinyl mode fails me, there are times that it goes well, and others that it does not go well, when i touch the jogwheel with my hand it hits like jumps, as if it will play and release all the time.

the thing is that it fails when it wants, there are times when it goes well and when it wants it fails, it seems like a static electricity problem, because if i touch the connections from behind at the same time as the plate, the problem disappears until i stop playing again,  its a bit weird, but lets see if someone can help me, i changed the table for another and the same thing happens to me

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

1) Please precise with which DJ software you meet an issue in vinyl mode.
As you can read in the user manual you can download
from https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djcontrolinpulse500-en/  
in section Manual, in the paragraph 5.2 of the manual, there are different features 

In Serato and Djuced, in Vinyl mode
a) During playback:

• scratch on top of the jog wheel;
  • pitch bend on the jog wheel's ring (edge).
b) When no music is playing:

• in Serato: slow movement when you touch the jog wheel's ring (edge);
  • in Serato & Djuced: medium-speed movement when you touch the jog wheel's top.
c) Shift + jog wheel:

• beatjump = very fast movement.

2) Please precise if you get this issue on both jog wheel or only on 1 side.
Please confirm the computer is connected to the power supply (grounding on computers operating on batteries is limited, so if you use the vinyl mode, you should connect the computer to a (grounded) power outlet).

3) And as on any DJ controller with capacitive touch detection, make sure you are grounded:

• never use shoes which isolate electrically (if you have electrostatic discharges from time
    to time, either your shoes are isolated, or you have an isolating carpet)
  • 1 of your shoes at least must touch the ground (if your with 2 feet not touching the gound,
    it cannot work) 

= do not try using the vinyl mode if you are isolated from the ground, it cannot work.

Topic starter

It happens in Virtual dj and in Djuced, in the two programs it happens the same, and when it fails it also fails in both decks, both one and two, I think it is a static electricity problem, how could I solve it? I have tried on two different PCs and it is the same.

Hello,

A) If the vinyl mode touch detection works when you touch the DJC I 500 connections from behind, and stop working when you stop touching the connections from behing, the most likely explanation is that your body is not grounded: it is a problem any computer musician performing on small stages has met, as the computer touchpads stop working or no longer work well when the musician is no longer grounded. 
It takes 5 minutes to check it: move in another place, not on a carpet, take good shooes, and try.

B) Unless you  answer PRECISELY to the technical questions, a forum cannot be efficient as forum user neither see what you do, nor do they see what you see, and nor can they guess your technical settings.
If you cannot describe precisely the technical conditions, please ask to someone else, a kid, a friend, anyone who is patient enough to read the forum questions, analyze what you do, and answer to all the forum questions. 

So I re-write my questions:

1) Describe what you do, in Djuced
- What do you do exactly? 
- Is the music playing or on pause when you try to do it?
- What is this symptom you call Vinyl fail?
- Is the shift activated while this still not described thing happens?

2)  Describe your configuration
- are you on a carpet? If yes, can you test in another part of your house where you have not this carpet?
- What are the shoes (model, type)?
- Are both shoes on the ground?

Topic starter

1) If I leave and come back from somewhere else, it works fine again for a while.

2) In both Djuced and Virtual DJ when the music plays and I play the turntable in vinyl mode it does not stop completely, it makes mini pauses and continues playing

3) I am not on any carpet, I am wearing normal flip-flops and both feet on the ground, I have also tried completely barefoot and it fails anyway.

Hello,

If when you leave and come back from somewhere else, it works for a while before gradually working less and less, it means
- your body is not grounded at the place you use the DJControl Inpulse,
- but was grounded at the place where you have left before coming back (maybe you have touched a grounded furniture or a grounded heater).

You can test it in carrying your laptop and DJControl Inpulse 500 in that area where you left.

As you mention static electricity problem, I suppose you feel electrostatic discharges, which is a symptom your body is not grounded:

I do not know or see your flip-flops, some are antistatic, some are isolating, but if the floor is not grounded, the shoes cannot catch a non connected ground.

Obviously, your power outlet is grounded (as the touch detection works when you touch the audio connectors of DJC I 500). 

Topic starter

So how can I fix it? Can I connect something to the table like a cable or something to eliminate that problem?

Hello,

If you cannot mix in another place where you are grounded, what needs primarily to be grounded is you, your body, more that the table (grounding the table will help, but if you ground your body, or a carpet on which you mix, it will always work).

You can, for example get a
- grounding power plug, as this one:
https://www.amazon.es/Safeguard-EP1240-16-ESD-Enchufe-amarillo/dp/B0884598JW/
- and a groundin cable as these ones:
https://www.amazon.es/Pulseras-Antiestaticas-Antiestaticos-reutilizables-electrónicos/dp/B017164JHA/ 
 and then connect the yellow grounding plug to a power outlet, attach the cable to the grounding plug,  fix the wristband to your wrist, and you will be grounded.

Or you can try nicer looking solutions, with a carpet which you connect to the ground.

But the first step for you should be to go in the place of your house where you left and came back grounded, and use your DJControl Inpulse 500 there to make sure it works in you house and it is just a specific issue in the place where you have used tyour laptop & DJC I 500 up to now.  

Topic starter

Thank you. But apart from the bracelet, what mat can I put, so that my feet are grounded?

Topic starter

hello ?

Hello,

If you put on the ground an antistatic carpet like this one
https://www.amazon.es/iFixit-Tapete-Antiestático-Portátil-Protección/dp/B01BLPBOS4/
or another antistatic carpet
and connect it to the ground with the grounding power plug I mentionned in my previous message, and walk on it with leather shoes, it should be OK.

If there is a water radiator fixed on the wall close from you, in this style

you may also connnect the electrostatic carpet to the radiator or to the steel pipes going to the radiator instead of connecting to a grounding plug.

PS: Please answer in clicking on the Reply button, do not use the Quote button, it is useful ony to quote a part of an answer or to answer to a message which is is not the last one.

Topic starter

Hello,

If you put on the ground an antistatic carpet like this one
https://www.amazon.es/iFixit-Tapete-Antiestático-Portátil-Protección/dp/B01BLPBOS4/
or another antistatic carpet
and connect it to the ground with the grounding power plug I mentionned in my previous message, and walk on it with leather shoes, it should be OK.

If there is a water radiator fixed on the wall close from you, in this style

you may also connnect the electrostatic carpet to the radiator or to the steel pipes going to the radiator instead of connecting to a grounding plug.

PS: Please answer in clicking on the Reply button, do not use the Quote button, it is useful ony to quote a part of an answer or to answer to a message which is is not the last one.

Is very importand jajajaajaa

Topic starter
Hello,
Same Problem for me.
I try all nothing works.
my frind have the same Problem so ... i dont belive  on this --> And as on any DJ controller with capacitive touch detection, make sure you are grounded:
I have the inpulse 300 and the DDJ 400  and ... no problems only on the 500.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
If you have read some technical forums, you probably read that a technical forum always require that you:

1) Describe you computer configuration, that is why there is a technical profile area 

- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", check the name of your Hercules DJ controller(s)
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software, probably Djuced and Serato 
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1...)/type of USB connection (direct, through a hub)
  • Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.3.2)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2021_HDJS_1)

2) Describe the issue in detail (not "same problem", but a detailed description), so you must describe

• what occurs exactly, and when, and whether it is random or constant
  • in which condition, in which software, in which operations
Topic starter
Hello,
Same Problem for me, i have the inpulse 500.I try all nothing works.
  • brand and model: HP 
  • CPU: Intel Core i7
  • RAM: 8 Gb
  • Type of USB port: USB 3.0/type of USB connection (direct)
  • Environment: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
  • version of DJ software: Virtual Dj 2021, Serato Dh and Djuced
Any solution???

Hello mafering,

Knowing the computer model and how it is connected to the powere outlet  is necessary since the grounding of a device powered by the USB depends on the grounding of the computer itself.

Without knowing the computer model and how it it powered, I must consider it is a totally not grounded computer, so please try placing
- a USB hub with a power adapter (not a USB hub powered by the computer, but by a power adapter plugged in the power outlet)
- between the computer and the DJ controller,
and do not touch the jog wheel during the 10 seconds when you connect the DJ controller to the USB (there is a power grounding calibration at that moment, if you touch the jog wheel to panel at that moment, it may interfere with the power grounding calibration)

Hello mafering,

It is a pity you do not describe your problem, because if you are the only person in front of your computer, the chances anybody on the forum may guess what you do not write are close to zero.
I suppose you have updated DJControl Inpulse 500 firmware to 1.66 (installed in Hercules drivers 2022.HDJS.1) as it solves a potential issue in scratch operations (but nothing related to the issue described by Zielwasser)

As you do not describe your technical problem
"Same Problem for me, i have the inpulse 500.I try all nothing works"
I am afraid a forum is not adequate to guess what you do not describe.
I suggest you contact Hercules technical support on https://support.hercules.com/es/portal-login-es/
since maybe with the questions they ask youi will finally "describe your technical issue" which is always needed.

Page 1 / 2