Notifications
Clear all

hercules inpuls 500 not working with serato dj pro

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hello together,
i recently bought a hercules inpils 500 and it worked perfectly fine until today.
the leds are working on some buttons like the beatmatch guide or the pad selection buttons and it also gives an audio output.
but the jogwheels, play button, etc are not working.
i reinstalled serato dj pro, downloaded the latest version of the hercules driver and so on. i did the standard stuff but i cant manage to get it to work again.
do you guys have any idea? id be glad for some help!
cheers, bullmann

Hello Bullmann,

Welcome on the forum.
Please precise whether DJControl Inpulse 500 works or not in Serato DJ Lite and in Djuced.

Topic starter
Hello,
i noticed it works perfectly fine with DJuced but i have exactly the same problem with serato dj lite.
some led buttons work, but all the functions do not

Hello,

The controls you see backlits are hardware commands, so they do not need to communicate with the software to change their status.

1) Please complete your profile in "My Space"> "My Profile" https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/ .

- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJControl Inpulse 500,
  - In "Software in use", check your DJ software, Serato and Djuced
  - In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows (for example Windows 10 64-bit version 1909) or macOS (for example 10.15.6), version of DJConsole Series driver package, the version number of the DJ software as Serato DJ Pro 2.3.7 and Djuced 5.0.6.

2) If you are on macOS, please

• check if you have the same issue when you connect DJControl Inpulse 500 on the same USB port as the one you used before,
  • try to disconnect DJControl Inpulse 500, run Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup, display MIDI studio and delete the DJControl Inpulse 500 MIDI instances you see.
3) In Serato DJ Pro, please confirm if,
a)  after running Serato DJ Pro with no MIDI controller detected, when you connect DJControl Inpulse 500, you see  the bottom line: "Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500 hardware connecting. This can take up to one minute.", and afterwards, this message disappears.
b) when you click on Settings > MIDI, does Serato DJ Pro list, in the MIDI device list "DJCOntrol Inpulse 500".

Topic starter

hi there i i`m having the same issue ,the 500 is working fine with djuced software but serato it`s not i`m using windows 10 ,sorry meant to say when i plu in the controller all the light start flashing and then nothing the decks dont show up.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
1) Please confirm if you use Serato DJ Lite.

2) For any technical issue, you should complete your profile with technical information on your device in My Space > My Profile

- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software, Djuced and Serato
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port (USB 2, USB 3, USB-C, direct USB port or through a USB hub with a power adapter)
  • Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.2.2 and Serato DJ Lite 1.5.6)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2020_HDJS_1)
Topic starter

Sorry to interfere, but guys, do you actually have a Serato DJ Pro license? The Inpulse 500 activates Searto DJ Lite on its own, you need to have a Pro licence if you want to use that version.

Topic starter

yes i do have the pro license never had a problem when i was using a pioneer controller it connected straight away

Topic starter

Was that Pioneer gear unlocking SDJ Pro for you or have you purchased the license or are you subscribing to it?