Notifications
Clear all

universal.dj issue

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello, im new here and needed help.

i bought universal dj console few weeks ago and everything works fine.

after the new firmware update i noticed some of the control not functioning as follows:
both deck - 3 band equalizer
both deck - pitch control
both deck - volume
crossfader
in both pc and ipad djuced app

in midi control, those knob not functioning...

i hope its not a hardware issue.

please help.

Hello Joff,

Welcome on the forum.
1) As you meet a technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile"
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller in the list, UniversalDJ,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software, Djuced,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of DJ software.

2) Please read on DJHerculesMix control panel, in the about tab, what you see as firmware version.
Is it :   Firmware: 1.4.2.30?
If the firmware is not 1.4.2.30, while you have installed Hercules last drivers (2018_HDJS_1), then try reflashing the firmware with the following process:
- Unplug Universal DJ
- Reboot your PC
- Disconnect the PC from the internet,
- Close the antivirus if you have any, to make sure it does not interfere with the firmware update
- Press on the buttons Load A and Load B at the same time
- Keep Load A and Load B pressed down, and connect Universal DJ to the computer
- It should call the firmware updater,
- Stop pressing the buttons Load A and Load B
- Run the updater.

Topic starter

Thank you for the fast reply..I will follow your instruction later.

Topic starter

hercules universal dj
package: 1.HDJS.2018
Firmware: 1.223.2.30
Driver:6.9.60

now will try your instruction and update to you the result.
thank you

Topic starter

hello again sir; i follow your instruction and i noticed on the only
deck A volume theirs a little movement on midi monitor. ranges from 92 to 99 on full volume. 

still not functioning on midi monitor
deck B volume 
deck A & B - pitch control 
Both deck - volume
Crossfader

is it a hardware issue?

please help.

thank you for the attention.

Topic starter

Hello.again.

I downgeade my PC from windows.10.to windows 7  but still  the same issue.

I bought my universal dj thru amazon just last month do you think i can still return for a refund?

Hello Joff,
1) Please confirm your firmware version displayed is 1.223.2.30.
2) You can return the controller to Amazon if it is defective, but I would like to check if it is a firmware or a hardware issue.
Topic starter

thank you for the attention.

yes the firmware is 1.223.2.30

hercules universal dj
package: 1.HDJS.2018
Firmware: 1.223.2.30

and the technical support of hercules replied

USTOMER SERVICE ANSWER 

Reference: [704879] 

Dear Joff,

We thank you for your choice of Hercules products and for reaching us regarding your inquiry.

Please let us know if you tried the console on a different PC so we can exclude the issue as being local?

We are looking forward to your answer.

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).

Kind regards,
Gabriel - Hercules Customer Service

needed to try a different pc? i ve only 1 pc

Driver:6.9.60
Hello Joff,
Getting a firmware version 1.223.2.30 is the indicator of a problem: you should not have this 223 number in my opinion.
1) The first time you updated the firmware, did the firmware update work well or did you get any error or strange message?
2) When you have re-updated the firmware, did everything go smoothly or did you get an error message?
Topic starter

Thank you for the reply.

It automatically update when i started my PC and it went well without error.

When i open the djuced 40.and ipad app. Those control that i mentioned doesnt work anymore.

I even reinstall the hdjs series from 2015 to 2018 but no success. I think the mapping for those control stopped.after the upgrade.

And even downgrade my pc from windows 10 to windows 7 that hoping it would be a windows 10 issue etc. But still no.success.

I think your right i shouldnt upgrade original firmware.

Where can I download the previous firmware or not the 223 version  of my universal dj?

Thank you for your time.

Hello Joff,
I do not mean you should not have updated the firmware, you were right to update the firmware, but unfortunately there was an accident during the firmware update. There is no version of the firmware called 223: the figure 223 is a bug in your controller, the firmware version number is 2.30.
Have you tried updating the firmware on another PC, with a USB hub powered by a power adapter, to make sure there is no issue caused by a lack of USB bus power.
I do not think it is relevant to go to use an earlier firmware version, you can try if you want, I think it would probably not change anything, we must understand if we can access to the area of the on board flash memory which should not display 223.
Topic starter

Okey, ill try and ill let you know.

Have a good weekend.

Topic starter

Hello Sir good afternoon.

I ask for the technical help and they a willing to fix my unit with many instructions before delivering it to them.
But slnce i bought the unit a month before and i ask amazon for a replacement and the good company agreed.

Hope it well resolved the issue.

Thank you for the attention.

Hello Joff,
OK.
When you get a replacement unit from Amazon, when you install this replacement unit on your PC, as the firmware will probably need an update, please:
- connect a USB hub powered by a power adapter to your PC,
- connect the Universal DJ to the USB hub
- and make sure your computer is connected to its power outlet,
- and go, let the computer update the firmware.
Topic starter

Good afternoon.

I received the replacement unit today from amazon.and my issue are reolved ..
Everything working well.on my ipad. for now ...

Thank you for the attention...i