Notifications
Clear all

problem with dj console rmx asio driver in windows 7 64

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi

ive been using my dj console rmx with traktor before without many issues, however now that i reinstalled my computer (windows 7 64) im running into some trouble where my asio driver doesnt seem to work. traktor2 will just say "dj console rmx asio (not connected)".
with ableton i also cant select the asio driver, but i had that same problem before reinstall as well. for ableton its not that big of a deal but for traktor i just need to work with the asio driver, especially since i want to be able to connect my turntables which wont work with a workaround like asio4all i think.

i have tried several versions of the drivers, the ones that came with the disk as well as the latest ones from hercules website. all to no avail

i have downloaded asiosiggen, but when i try to run it it says "cant interface with an asio driver, exiting" 
after uninstalling asio4all i can connect to the hercules dj console rmx asio driver just fine with asiosiggen and make it play sound. traktor and ableton still cant connect to it though

i also made sure in the djherculesmix series tray agent i have the asio 16 bit driver selected

i really hope someone here can help me to get it to work

--------------------------------------------

edit: i installed mixxx, and its working just fine with the asio driver. however, as soon as i select input channels (because i want to connect my turntables to play audio from vinyl, not timecodes) the driver seems to stop working until i deselect them. i assume this might be the problem with traktor as well, but traktor doesnt even let me deselect the input channels when it cant connect to the driver -_-

tried reinstalling traktor to no avail

but yay, at least i got the driver to work with some dj software and am able to mix digital tracks. i really want to be able to connect my turntables though, since my regular mixer is broken and i just want to be able to mix with my records. at this point i dont even care what dj software to use as long as i get something to work. however, it should just be possible with traktor and ableton right?

Hello Japie81,

1) As you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile"
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJ Console Rmx,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software, Traktor,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package (2016_HDJS_3?), version of DJ software (Traktor 2.11?).

2) Is your DJ Console Rmx connected to a USB hub?
If yes, can you remove all other USB devices connected to this USB hub and try again?

3) Is you Hercules DJ Console Rmx control panel open?
If yes, can you close it after having selected the ASIO mode (in 16-bit)? I do not think I have seen it on Rmx but I remember seeing this ASIO message on Traktor Pro + Fast Track USB audio card when Fast Track control panel was open.

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Topic starter

Hi, thanks for the fast reply

1) done

2) done, does not fix the problem

3) done, does not fix the problem

I noticed when I rightclick the control panel it lets me do a sinewave asio test, which does not seem to generate a tone. I don't know if this is useful info, but I found it strange since I can test it with AsioSigGen just fine

Also tried an old demo of traktor 1, got it to work perfectly fine with the asio driver except for when I enabled the input channels, same as what happened with MIXXX. At that point the driver just stops working ("not connected")

Hello Japie81,

Have you installed a standard ASIO4ALL version or a specific one?
I remember installing ASIO4Vestax driver (bundled with Vestax Typhoon) stopped the proper processing of 3 ASIO drivers I had installed (DJ Console Rmx, Native Audio4DJ, Motu 828), and I could not get any ASIO to work afterwards, even after uninistalling ASIO4Vestax, and re-installing the ASIO drivers of the other devices.
The only solution which worked was to remove completely in the registers (with Regedit) any track of ASIO4Vestax and Asio4All, then reinstall the ASIO drivers of the other cards, and everything worked well afterwards, and I could reinstall ASIO4All with no problem, so I believe ASIO4Vestax, a bad derivate from ASIO4All, ruined the ASIO.