volume sliders issu...

Notifications
Clear all

volume sliders issue

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

im having another issue with the remix. sometime when you slide the faders fast, it might be the individual volume faders main volume or the crossfader, they kinda bounce back. what i mean is that lets say you are mixing a and b then you want to kill the volume on a, you slide the crossfader to your right, you lower it all the way, you see that the volume will go all the way to the right and the bounce back 2% or 5% or 7%, so when the fader is all the way to the right you can still hear a little of the deck you wanted to kill(deck a). same thing happens with deck a volume, deck b volume, and the main volume. is anybody else experiencing the same problem, if yes how did you fix it. i dont know if my description is clear enough, if not let me know and i will try to drescribe it again. thanks.

3 Answers

We'll need a little more details:

- Desktop or laptop computer ? Mac or PC ? What OS version are you using ?

- Are you using the latest driver for the console ?

- With which software are you suing the console ? Do you have the latest version ?

In the meantime, I would recommand that you test your console in MIDI to see if the problem is also present. Use the instructions available here depending if your are on PC or MAC:

PC:

MAC:

3 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks for the answer.here are the details for the software and  machine I am using, even though, it seems that i have fix the issue. i did use the tool you provided, everything works fine exept the mic volume nob doesnt register anything, i dont know if this is normal or not.

Computer details:
HP laptop tx1110us windows vista business sp1
dual proccessor 1.6 ghz
1.00gb ram

Hercules software details
PAckage:3.hdjs.2008
Firmware:1.0.6.29
Driver:4.0.0.0
dj api:2.0.16.6
cpl:2.0.2.4

Virtual dj 5.2 pro

at this point i have downloaded the drivers on the website. when i first got it about 1 week ago i performed  an update using the control panel. i dont know if the downloaded drivers from the panel and the website are the same but after i downloaded the ones from the website it seems to have fix the problem. for now its good. if it comes up again I'll post it.

3 Answers

Happy to know everything works correctly. As for your questions:

- Yes, it is normal for the Mic and headphone volume not to register as MIDI control. 

- The Control Panel update application looks at the web site for the more recent version of the driver available, so they are the same.  

3 Answers
Topic starter

well need a little more details:

- desktop or laptop computer ? mac or pc ? what os version are you using ?

- are you using the latest driver for the console ?

- with which software are you suing the console ? do you have the latest version ?

in the meantime, i would recommand that you test your console in midi to see if the problem is also present. use the instructions available here depending if your are on pc or mac:

pc:

mac:

Topic starter

thanks for the answer.here are the details for the software and  machine i am using, even though, it seems that i have fix the issue. i did use the tool you provided, everything works fine exept the mic volume nob doesnt register anything, i dont know if this is normal or not.

computer details:
hp laptop tx1110us windows vista business sp1
dual proccessor 1.6 ghz
1.00gb ram

hercules software details
package:3.hdjs.2008
firmware:1.0.6.29
driver:4.0.0.0
dj api:2.0.16.6
cpl:2.0.2.4

virtual dj 5.2 pro

at this point i have downloaded the drivers on the website. when i first got it about 1 week ago i performed  an update using the control panel. i dont know if the downloaded drivers from the panel and the website are the same but after i downloaded the ones from the website it seems to have fix the problem. for now its good. if it comes up again ill post it.

Topic starter

happy to know everything works correctly. as for your questions:

- yes, it is normal for the mic and headphone volume not to register as midi control. 

- the control panel update application looks at the web site for the more recent version of the driver available, so they are the same.