Notifications
Clear all

microphone effects input

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

good day, guys
i read on the opening page(home page) that the new version virtual dj would incooperate the microphone effects( echo, revert etc ). however i cant find this feature in the virtual dj pro, please clarify this for me, im in great need of this feather.

mark

dj gyro

3 Answers

Hello Markadamas,

The microphone effects get installed with VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.1 (the update of the software bundled with DJ Console Rmx), not with VirtualDJ Pro, but once you install VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.1, the microphone effects are available in VirtualDJ Pro.

If you have a DJ Console Rmx, you have VirtualDJ DJC 5.0.7, and you can update your version of VirtualDJ DJC to release 5.2.1 from VirtualDJ website.
Once you install VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.1, you get the effects
- Mic Voice Pitch (pitch shifing on the microphone input),
- Mic Reverb (reverb on the microphone input)
- Mic Chorus (chorus on the microphone input).
in addition to Mic flanger (flanger on the microphone input), which was already in previous VirtualDJ DJC releases.

Microphone plugins cannot be enabled in talk over mode: if you enable an effect on the microphone input, the microphone input streaming replaces the streaming of the left deck, so you cannot talk over the music from the left deck (deck A), but you can talk over over the music from the right deck (deck B).

3 Answers
Topic starter

hi Maxdjack,

thanks alot for your assistance, i got the mic enabled while my music is playing with out hitting the talk over button. however please direct me to enabling those mic effects. i have both the virtual DJ pro 5.2 and the VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.1. i got the mic enabled but i don't know how to change or test those mic effects.

thanks in advance

3 Answers

Hi Markadamas,

1) If your microphone is constantly enabled in DJ Console Rmx, without pressing the Mic On/Off button or changing any function in VirtualDJ, then check DJ Console Rmx control panel: in the Advanced tab, you can set the hardware mix options for output 1-2, it should be set on "USB Streaming 1-2" by default, but if you constantly hear the microphone input, then on your computer the active setting may be "USB Streaming 1-2 + microphone"? Reset  it on "USB Streaming 1-2" to restore a standard microphone setting.

2) To load a mic effect on a button, you should load the DJ Console Rmx or DJ Control Steel skins, and click on the skin on the down arrow image close to the buttons 1 to 6 to display the list of effects you can assign on each button: then you select the mic effect you want and that's it, is is loaded on the button.

3) To apply the mic effect, you connect your microphone to DJ Console Rmx microphone input and, without using the Mic On/Off button, you apply the effect you have loaded with the relevant 1 to 6 button.
To set the effect, you keep pushed down the button 1 to 6 on which you have loaded the effect, and you turn the jog wheels to change the setting of this effect (you see the setting change on the skin with the change of position of the 2 rotary buttons in the Effects rectangle placed below the 6 buttons on the Rmx/Steel skin.

4) The Mic effects are applied and set in the same way as the other effects in VirtualDJ. You can find the description of how the effects are loaded and set in VirtualDJ DJC 5 manual, which can be downloaded on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/manuals/VDJ5/VDJ_5_DJC_Edition_Manual_1_0_English.pdf, the effects settings are described in chapter 7.

3 Answers
Topic starter

hello markadamas,

the microphone effects get installed with virtualdj djc 5.2.1 (the update of the software bundled with dj console rmx), not with virtualdj pro, but once you install virtualdj djc 5.2.1, the microphone effects are available in virtualdj pro.

if you have a dj console rmx, you have virtualdj djc 5.0.7, and you can update your version of virtualdj djc to release 5.2.1 from virtualdj website.
once you install virtualdj djc 5.2.1, you get the effects
- mic voice pitch (pitch shifing on the microphone input),
- mic reverb (reverb on the microphone input)
- mic chorus (chorus on the microphone input).
in addition to mic flanger (flanger on the microphone input), which was already in previous virtualdj djc releases.

microphone plugins cannot be enabled in talk over mode: if you enable an effect on the microphone input, the microphone input streaming replaces the streaming of the left deck, so you cannot talk over the music from the left deck (deck a), but you can talk over over the music from the right deck (deck b).

Topic starter

hi maxdjack,

thanks alot for your assistance, i got the mic enabled while my music is playing with out hitting the talk over button. however please direct me to enabling those mic effects. i have both the virtual dj pro 5.2 and the virtualdj djc 5.2.1. i got the mic enabled but i dont know how to change or test those mic effects.

thanks in advance

Topic starter

hi markadamas,

1) if your microphone is constantly enabled in dj console rmx, without pressing the mic on/off button or changing any function in virtualdj, then check dj console rmx control panel: in the advanced tab, you can set the hardware mix options for output 1-2, it should be set on "usb streaming 1-2" by default, but if you constantly hear the microphone input, then on your computer the active setting may be "usb streaming 1-2 + microphone"? reset  it on "usb streaming 1-2" to restore a standard microphone setting.

2) to load a mic effect on a button, you should load the dj console rmx or dj control steel skins, and click on the skin on the down arrow image close to the buttons 1 to 6 to display the list of effects you can assign on each button: then you select the mic effect you want and thats it, is is loaded on the button.

3) to apply the mic effect, you connect your microphone to dj console rmx microphone input and, without using the mic on/off button, you apply the effect you have loaded with the relevant 1 to 6 button.
to set the effect, you keep pushed down the button 1 to 6 on which you have loaded the effect, and you turn the jog wheels to change the setting of this effect (you see the setting change on the skin with the change of position of the 2 rotary buttons in the effects rectangle placed below the 6 buttons on the rmx/steel skin.

4) the mic effects are applied and set in the same way as the other effects in virtualdj. you can find the description of how the effects are loaded and set in virtualdj djc 5 manual, which can be downloaded on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/manuals/vdj5/vdj_5_djc_edition_manual_1_0_english.pdf, the effects settings are described in chapter 7.