Notifications
Clear all

overwrite midi setting

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello again...

i want to configure my hercules rmx just a slight different then the default midi setting of the hercules rmx (virtual dj5).
i need to change just 2 knobs and 4 buttons - (unused for me).

in order not to do the process of mapping all over,
i want to duplicate the file and then to change just the  parameters insdie,
and then just simply load it...

how do i do that ?
can i do that ?
where is that midi//xml file ?

special thanks to this forum, a great help...

6 Answers

Unfortunately, Virtual DJ DJC Edition does't use MIDI ( only the Pro version does) , and there is no way to change the default configuration as it is integrated into the programming of the software.

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hey Dj Phatso.

I can understand that the DJC - is limitid.

But,
What about the Virtual Dj pro ?
After the upgrade - is it possible ?

6 Answers
Topic starter

Anyone - Help ?

All I want is to configure few buttons and knobs a bit differnt...

I dont want to do the process of mapping all over,
I want to duplicate the "STANDARD HERCULES-MIDI FILE" and then to change just few parameters insdie,

Can I do that ?
where is that Midi//XML file ?

Or maybe its a question for the HARDWARE forum section ?

Thanks Again...

6 Answers
Topic starter

I would like to know this also,

I wouldn't mind changing 4 buttons I don't use, to Pitch bend buttons, I know I can do it by using the 6x6 config buttons, but I want to use the track fast forward and backward buttons as pitch bend instead.

6 Answers

As VDJ supports many controller, it seems like they have integrated the parameters directly into the software's code. 

If you look in My Documents/Virtual DJ, you'll see that the only editable XML files relates to what you can actually modify in the software, keyboard shortcuts and MIDI mapping.  

I would say that the only way to make the modification you want would be through MIDI. If there is another way, you would need to check with the people at VDJ directly.

6 Answers
Topic starter

Well that's a shame.

May be if I knew some C++ programming I could possibly make a mapper for the RMX,

but I don't, lol. Nevermind.

6 Answers
Topic starter

unfortunately, virtual dj djc edition doest use midi ( only the pro version does) , and there is no way to change the default configuration as it is integrated into the programming of the software.

Topic starter

hey dj phatso.

i can understand that the djc - is limitid.

but,
what about the virtual dj pro ?
after the upgrade - is it possible ?

Topic starter

anyone - help ?

all i want is to configure few buttons and knobs a bit differnt...

i dont want to do the process of mapping all over,
i want to duplicate the "standard hercules-midi file" and then to change just few parameters insdie,

can i do that ?
where is that midi//xml file ?

or maybe its a question for the hardware forum section ?

thanks again...

Topic starter

i would like to know this also,

i wouldnt mind changing 4 buttons i dont use, to pitch bend buttons, i know i can do it by using the 6x6 config buttons, but i want to use the track fast forward and backward buttons as pitch bend instead.

Topic starter

as vdj supports many controller, it seems like they have integrated the parameters directly into the softwares code. 

if you look in my documents/virtual dj, youll see that the only editable xml files relates to what you can actually modify in the software, keyboard shortcuts and midi mapping.  

i would say that the only way to make the modification you want would be through midi. if there is another way, you would need to check with the people at vdj directly.

Topic starter

well thats a shame.

may be if i knew some c++ programming i could possibly make a mapper for the rmx,

but i dont, lol. nevermind.